Discover Cozumel's many hidden treasures as you set out in a dune buggy!
There's no better way to explore off-the-beaten path Cozumel than by hopping in a dune buggy and embarking on this exclusive tour. Add in some snorkeling, incredible views, a great Mexican lunch, and a visit to a Mayan ruin, and you've got one heck of a memorable day!
Discover Cozumel’s highlights while traveling in your custom designed dune buggy! This excursion offers the most modern buggies in all of Cozumel and is the only all-inclusive package that allows you to explore the island's many must-see sights.
From a convenient meeting point close to the cruise ship pier, you'll board your dune buggy and drive (caravan style) to the virgin side of the island to a spectacular location for a guided snorkel tour off the shore at the famous Chankanaab Reef area. Here, you'll discover the colorful marine life of the Caribbean in the crystal clear turquoise waters of Cozumel.
After you dry off, it's time to hop back in your dune buggy and follow your tour guide down Cozumel's scenic road en route to El Cedral, where you'll visit an ancient Mayan ruin, the church of El Cedral, and the original house of the Don Casimiro Cardenas family, some of the first inhabitants of the town. This weathered ruin will provide a great backdrop for photos.
Immerse yourself in the local culture as you enjoy a delicious snack prepared in the traditional way by a Mayan woman. Learn about the lifestyle of the families in this town, their traditions, and the main festival of La Santa Cruz.
Back in your dune buggy, you'll drive along Cozumel’s eastern coastline for breathtaking views and plenty of photo opportunities, including a brief stop by El Mirador or Playa San Martin.
- There are three cruise piers in Cozumel. Depending on where your ship docks you may have to take a short taxi to the meeting point. The taxi would cost approximately $10 USD each way. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Buggies hold up to 4 passengers and are shared with other travelers.
- Lunch is included in tour cost. Beverages are additional.
- Mexican lunch includes choice of chicken fajitas, quesadillas, or fish tacos.
- Bilingual guide service is included (English and Spanish).
- The guide has first aid training and a first aid kit in case of an emergency.
- The tour is perfect for beginners to advanced participants.
- There is no charge for children ages 4 and under. We have a limited number of child seats should you decide to rent one. They cost is $10 and is payable on site when you arrive. It's also OK if you wish to bring your own child car seat. Children 4 and under are not allowed to snorkel for safety reasons and a guardian must stay with the child at all times.
- The vehicles are standard transmission. You must know how to drive stick shift.
- Minimum age to drive is 21 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc. will be allowed to drive.
- Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Minimum age for snorkeling is 5 years old.
- Maximum weight limit is 250 lbs per person.
- Guests who are pregnant, insulin dependent, or who have heart conditions, asthma, or epilepsy are not allowed to snorkel.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday