Off The Beaten Path Shopping And Walking TourExplore > Mexico > Cozumel > Off The Beaten Path Shopping And Walking Tour
Shop 'til you drop in Cozumel with a guide who will show you the bargains on this walking tour.
"Cuanto vale este?" (What is this worth?) This WALKING TOUR is worth a lot if you’re a shopper looking for something unique, regardless if this is your first or 20th visit to Cozumel.
Cozumel is a shopaholics paradise. You could spend several days working your way through the shops in the downtown area, finding everything from jewelry stores to little shops with batik, wood crafts, and paper mache animals. With limited time at your disposal, however, we can get you to the right places and help you find the special gifts you're searching for.
Just because these shops aren’t on the cruise line's preferred list, doesn’t mean that you won’t get a good value for the dollar. In fact, it's just the opposite. You’ll have a much more rewarding experience (pricing and atmosphere) if you avoid the waterfront and head back a few blocks where more unique items can be found and people are ready and willing to bargain. So come along with your private, bilingual guide who will help you “wheel and deal” with the locals.
Good buys can be found on tequila, hammocks, leather, embroidered and lace clothing, table linens, silver jewelry, ceramics, decorative metalwork, and carved wood. If you're looking for something specific, just let your shopping escort know.
Visit the “Mercado” market, around the square, and some very interesting back street shopping. This half-day walking tour also features a stop for refreshments and many other points of interest that you might not normally see on your own.
- Depending on which pier your cruise ship docks at, you may want to take a short taxi to the meeting location. For additional information, contact ShoreTrips.
- We suggest that you wear comfortable sandals or shoes as the sidewalks in Cozumel are often uneven, AND THIS TOUR IS ALL WALKING.
- Please note that it may be more difficult to bargain with local merchants during the slow season in Cozumel! This is something that is beyond the control of your guide.
- Snacks, beverages, souvenirs, and tips are not included in the price of this tour. Please bring cash for these items.
- Start time and itinerary are flexible. For other departure times, please call ShoreTrips.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT COZUMEL IS ON CENTRAL TIME, AND THE TIME OF YOUR TOUR IS LOCAL ISLAND TIME.
- There is a maximum of 4 people for this tour.
- THIS TOUR IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DIFFICULTY WALKING, AS THIS IS A WALKING TOUR.You must be able to walk and have comfortable shoes or closed sandals (no flips flops). It is also recommended to bring your own water. Be prepared for walking in the heat or whatever weather conditions may be present.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday