Hoi An, a UNESCO site, is a living museum and just a short jaunt away.
Danang, Vietnam's fourth-largest city, has plenty of charm. Lots of development has occurred over the years and it boasts beautiful boulevards, bridges, and beachside resorts. On your way out of the city, you will make a stop at the famous Museum of Cham Sculpture, which houses the finest collection of Cham sculpture in the world. Very intricately carved sandstone sculptures dating from the 2nd to 15th centuries reflect an ancient civilization.
The ride will continue through lovely landscapes and bring you to Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It's charming and you will tour on foot. It's an easy walk and will take you to the Hoi An Museum and the Tan Ky House, a beautifully-preserved home from the 19th century. This is a private home and the owner, who will most likely be present, speaks English and French. It has been in his family for 7 generations.
Your walk will take you to the Japanese Covered Bridge, constructed in 1593 the Sa Huynh Museum nearby. These are in unbelievable condition and contain their own stories.
Follow this with a comfortable cyclos ride, the pedal rickshaw that can easily move people, each in his/her own cyclos, through the ancient town. This is the best way to see the narrow streets, shady pagodas, and bustling street life. You will stop at a lovely restaurant for a Vietnamese lunch by the Thu Bon River to relax a bit.
You will be tempted by the numerous galleries and shops. You may stop but it may impact the other stops on your tour.
If you wish, on your way back to Da Nang, you can stop at the Cam Chau lantern-making village where you can interact with the local villagers and try your hand at making your own lantern.
A quick stop at China Beach will be your last stop before arriving back at the cruise port.
- Lunch is included; beverages are not included
- Entrance fees and cyclos tour in Hoi An included
- Gratuities not included
- Comfortable shoes and dressing in layers is recommended.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
- GRATUITIES / TIPS: Please consider your guide and/or driver (if applicable) if you are pleased with your day. A gratuity is a wonderful way to show your appreciation.
- ShoreTrips is not responsible for items left behind.
Days offered: 7 days a week