Hoi An is a living museum and a World Heritage UNESCO site and just a short jaunt away.
Danang, Vietnam's fourth-largest city, has plenty of charm. Lots of development has occurred over the years and it boasts beautiful boulevards, bridges, and beachside resorts. On your way out of the city, you will make a stop at Tra Que Organic Village which is named after a sweet-scented herb they grow and use to flavor Hoi An specialties like Cao Lau noodles. Upon arrival, learn about the history and custom of this charming village before getting your hands dirty and venturing into the garden - you may like to borrow the farmers’ clothing provided by the villagers. Join the friendly farmers to learn traditional gardening methods and how they cultivate vegetables.
The ride will continue through lovely landscapes and bring you to Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It's charming and you will tour on foot. It's an easy walk and will take you to the Hoi An Museum and the Tan Ky House, a beautifully-preserved home from the 19th century. This is a private home and the owner, who will most likely be present, speaks English and French. It has been in his family for 7 generations.
Your walk will take you to the Japanese Covered Bridge, constructed in 1593 the Sa Huynh Museum nearby. These are in unbelievable condition and contain their own stories. You will stop at a lovely restaurant for a Vietnamese lunch by the Thu Bon River to relax a bit.
Follow this with a comfortable cyclos ride, the pedal rickshaw that can easily move people, each in his/her own cyclos, through the ancient town. This is the best way to see the narrow streets, shady pagodas, and bustling street life.
You will be tempted by the numerous galleries and shops. You may stop but it might impact the other stops on your tour.
If you wish, on your way back to Da Nang, you can stop at China Beach if time permits.
- Lunch is included; beverages are not included.
- Entrance fees and cyclos tour in Hoi An included.
- Gratuities not included.
- Comfortable shoes and dressing in layers is recommended.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
- We will need the following information at the time of booking: Each passenger's full name as it appears in their passport; Citizenship; Date of birth; Passport number; Passport issue date; Passport expiration date.
Days offered: 7 days a week