Tayrona National Park – 9 Stones TrailExplore > Colombia > Santa Marta > Tayrona National Park – 9 Stones Trail
If you only have one day in Santa Marta, this is definitely the tour you want to book!
Included in this tour:
• Hike down 9 Stones Trail
• Birdwatching, wildlife observation
• Scenic drive
• Mini Santa Marta city tour (drive through)
• Swimming (optional)
• Park fees
• Bottled water
We begin with a scenic 45 minute drive out to Tayrona National Park. On the way, we'll drive through Santa Marta's historic city center. Your guide will fill you in on what we pass: Santa Marta Cathedral, old Colonial houses and cute streets. In fact, Santa Marta is the oldest city in South America, founded back in 1525! You'll also see where Simon Bolivar died.
As we continue en route to the National Park, you will be in awe of the gorgeous landscape of mountains, rivers and lots of green everywhere you look!
Once we arrive at Tayrona, it's time for hiking! Your hike will be about 1 hour and 20 minutes long down the famous 9 Stones Trail where you'll get to see all sorts of flora and fauna native to the area.
The combination of rivers and jungles in this 37,000 acre park provides for a perfect habitat for many animal and plant species. There are 4 species of monkey (chances are you'll see at least 3 of the species, including the Titi monkey, an endangered species), parrots, lizards, sloths, bears, red squirrels, collared peccaries, jaguars and 200 species of birds, ranging from Caribbean toucans to red woodpecker-sand and more!
We'll also visit the best looking out point ("El Mirador") in the whole park that boasts incredible views of snow capped mountains and the ocean. It's just gorgeous!
After the Mirador, we'll continue down to the beaches where you will have the opportunity to take a dip in the water (ocean or onsite pool) or maybe even get a quick bite to eat at the restaurant. We will stay here for about 45 minutes and then transfer back to the pier.
• Please bring insect repellent and sunblock.
• We recommend that you bring a little backpack to pack your swimsuit in if you plan on swimming. You can also store things in the vehicle while you're doing the hiking portion.
• The cost of food and additional beverages is not included.
• Please wear shoes that you're comfortable hiking in.
• Minimum 4 people.
• Minimum age is 10.
• There is no minimum fitness level necessary, but know that you will be hiking for 1 hour and 20 minutes with some stops.
• Not suitable for people with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week