Combine two trips that Juneau is famous for!
This tour includes:
- Whale watching and other wildlife viewing
- Salmon bake
- Musical entertainment
- Time to stroll through the forest to Salmon Creek waterfall
You'll begin your day with a scenic ride to Auk Bay. Once you board your boat, your experienced captain will take you on a hunt for whales and wildlife. See humpback and orca whales, Dall's porpoises, sea lions, seals, bald eagles, and more. Sit back, relax, and let your experienced captain and naturalist lead the way to whales and wildlife. Since your guides visit the waters daily, they are quite knowledgeable about the social circles of whales and where they congregate.
Binoculars are available for your use onboard. Venture out on the deck to enjoy a panoramic view of your surroundings or to snap a photo. Or, settle into your warm and comfortable interior surroundings to enjoy the scenery and wildlife sightings through the oversized windows.
After countless pictures and "ahhh" moments, it will be time to wave goodbye to the beautiful creatures of Auke Bay and board your motorcoach to the Gold Creek area to enjoy fresh salmon. In a beautiful setting nestled in the rain forest, you’ll arrive to the aroma of wild Alaskan salmon grilling over an open alder wood fire. The all-you-can-eat buffet also includes Cheechako Chicken, Chilkoot Baked Beans, Tongass Wild-Rice Pilaf, and other sides, salads and beverages and blueberry cake for dessert! (menu subject to change)
You will be outdoors, but in a protected area, which will allow you to enjoy the true Alaska. Music will accompany your meal whether you dine at lunch or dinner. And you will be able to explore a little before or after your meal, visit the Salmon Creek Trading Post or stroll to the beautiful Salmon Creek waterfall.
Return to your ship at your leisure (just keep an eye on the time). Shuttle service to the pier departs every 15 to 30 minutes.
- Binoculars are provided for viewing pleasure.
- Dress in layers that are appropriate for the weather.
- Please note: the itinerary order may change on certain days/times.
- All passengers must be able to get on and off the bus and navigate the steep incline between the bus and boat.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and is not recommended for those with limited mobility.
- Child rate is for all children 12 and under. There is not a minimum age.
Days offered: 7 days a week