Photography Tour Of Whales And Glaciers
Capture everything from glaciers to whales on this small group excursion.
This tour includes:
• Professional naturalist photographer tour guide
• Ride in a media-equipped shuttle bus
• Short 1/2-mile wildlife hike
• Amazing scenery, including Mendenhall Glacier
• Cruise in a custom-built safari vessel
• Opportunity to see amazing wildlife
• Photography tips and techniques
• Use of rain ponchos, umbrellas, camera towels, and walking sticks
• Bottled water and a snack
Capture everything from glaciers to whales on this excursion that features a professional naturalist photography guide. Whale sightings are guaranteed! This specialty tour is tailored to engage photo enthusiasts of all levels. Your small group (limited to 14 participants) will travel in a media-equipped shuttle bus and cruise aboard a custom-built safari vessel. Throughout the tour, your guide provides expert interpretation while also sharing tips and techniques to enhance your images.
Begin your trip with a comfortable ride in a multi-media equipped vehicle as your photo guide shares digital images, insightful photography techniques, and a bit about the area's cultural and natural history. By land, at Mendenhall Glacier, you'll walk a paved path along a salmon stream to a remarkable glacier panorama. Some of the wildlife commonly spotted includes Artic turns that travel thousands of miles to nest in the sand, and lumbering black bears that fish along Steep Creek. And the adventure doesn't end there.
By sea, you'll board a covered safari vessel for an unforgettable journey through the pristine waterways of Stephens Passage. Large panel windows open to give you unrestricted views, while your captain skillfully maneuvers to give you the best angle on the shot. This excursion has never had a trip without a star-studded cast. Humpback whales, orcas, sea lions, harbor seals, porcupines, eagles, salmon, or even black bears have all been known to make appearances. Witness Alaska's natural wonders as you strive to capture that "magical moment" in the medium worth a thousand words.
• Wear sturdy hiking shoes or boots, and dress in layers.
• Rain ponchos, umbrellas, camera towels, walking sticks, bottled water, and a snack are provided.
• This tour has a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 14.
• You will hike about 1/2 mile.
• Children must be at least 8 years old and able to hike the distance at an adult pace.
• The tour operates in all weather conditions.
Days offered: 7 days a week