Salmon Bake & Gold PanningExplore > United States > Juneau > Salmon Bake & Gold Panning
Sweet home Alaska! Salmon bake and gold mining.
This tour, introduced during the 2009 season, combines two of Juneau's most popular activities! Pan for gold and fill your tummy with salmon! Great fun for all ages.
Relive Juneau's gold rush history by panning for gold and then enjoy a delicious salmon bake at Salmon Creek! You'll head up to the historic Last Chance Basin, where you can see the remains of the Alaska-Juneau gold mine. Learn how to pan for gold and keep everything you find.
Then, we're off to the salmon bake! This Alaskan feast features Alaskan-caught wild salmon grilled over an open alder wood fire. You'll also enjoy Cheechako baked chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, wild rice pilaf, a variety of fresh salads, cornbread, lemonade, coffee, tea, and blueberry cake for dessert.
Enjoy the talents of local musicians while you dine beside Salmon Creek, nestled in the lush foliage of Southeast Alaska’s rain forest, under translucent domes to protect you rain or shine.
After dining, toast marshmallows over a crackling campfire and walk to view the beautiful Salmon Creek waterfall beneath which salmon spawn and remnants of the historic Wagner Mine are evident. Return to the ship by shuttle bus.
- Beer and wine are available for purchase.
- Tour times vary daily and will be assigned upon confirmation. During check out, you will have a choice between a morning or afternoon program. We will also ask if you have any other tours booked while in port.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is suitable for all ages and no prior experience is necessary, just good health and an adventurous spirit.
- This tour is not suitable for guests confined to wheelchairs due to the uneven terrain at Last Chance Basin.
Days offered: 7 days a week