Helicopter Icefield ExcursionExplore > United States > Juneau > Helicopter Icefield Excursion
Landing on a glacier is an awesome experience!
We found it impossible to figure out how to select the best in flightseeing without seeing for ourselves. During our trek to Alaska in the winter months, we felt right at home with this company. They have provided flights for the Forest Service for over 15 years. Along with their allegiance to support local business with their services, they find an excitement in "turning on" visitors to their unique state.
You will find their impeccable office a friendly place to start this experience.
This most popular tour will take you from the Juneau airport for a one-hour extravaganza over the Juneau Icefield, traveling to the Herbert, Taku, Lemon, or Norris Glacier.
Only moments after departing from the airport, you will be flying over spectacular rock formations and icefalls. The tour is narrated by either your knowledgeable pilot/guide.
Upon reaching your destination, your pilot/guide will shut down the helicopter and escort you on an informative, relaxing walk while describing the area that surrounds you. The glacier walk will be approximately 15-20 minutes long.
We will provide transportation to and from the downtown area to make your experience topnotch.
Actual length of tour is approximately 1 hour. The total trip length, including transfer time to and from the cruise ship pier, is approximately 2.5 hours.
- No minimum fitness required.
- Dress in a warm, water-resistant coat, hat, and gloves.
- Wear tennis shoes or lightweight hiking boots.
- Bring your camera and binoculars.
- If needed, boots and raincoats will be provided.
- During the early and middle of the season, we extend the service for a 6:15pm flight time.
- When choosing a trip departure time, you must allow a minimum of 1 hour between the time your ship docks and the time you are picked up at the pier.
- Heart patients: Please beware that this flight reaches heights of up to 5000'.
- No bags or backpacks of any sort are allowed on the helicopter. Everything you bring must fit in your pockets. Cameras or binoculars must fit into pockets or be worn around your neck.
- You will be required to furnish the weight of each passenger. Be prepared to weigh in for this tour. To ensure your safety and comfort, passengers weighing 280 pounds or more (including clothing, footwear, and cameras, which may add an additional 10-15 pounds) will be reserved extra space on-board the helicopter and will be required to pay an additional amount as reflected in our pricing chart.
Days offered: 7 days a week