Five Glacier Flightseeing AdventureExplore > United States > Juneau > Five Glacier Flightseeing Adventure
Alaska’s epic glaciers will thrill and delight you on Juneau’s only 5 glacier flightseeing tour!
The grandeur of Alaska’s epic glaciers will thrill and delight you on Juneau’s only 5 glacier flightseeing tour. Seeing glaciers from the air is an Alaskan MUST DO, and doing so by authentic Alaskan bush plane is the quintessential Alaskan experience!
Your seaplane exploration begins as your aircraft gently takes off from the historic downtown waterfront and carries you over Juneau’s mining past.
Soar over the lush wilderness of the Tongass National Forest enroute to your first glimpse of five distinctly different majestic glaciers that make up the 1,500-square-mile Juneau Icefield. Glide over the deep crevasses and azure blue meltwater pools of the Norris, Hole-In-The-Wall, East and West Twin Glaciers, plus the famous five mile wide Taku Glacier.
Of the 36 named glaciers comprising the Juneau Icefield, the Taku Glacier is the only glacier that is actually advancing, not retreating (and one of only a few in the world!). Make sure to bring your camera to capture the magical memories this trip is sure to provide.
- All passengers enjoy a window seat for enhanced viewing and a headset for continuous narration.
- 10 passengers in a plane
- Bring your camera and sunglasses.
- Wear layers.
- This tour includes approximately 40 minutes of flightseeing adventure.
- This is strictly a glacier flightseeing tour. No meals or snacks are provided.
- Times given are approximate. Departure times vary daily due to daylight hours and demand. Please advise of your preferred time of day and we will make every attempt to accommodate your schedule.
- Children under the age of 2 are free and must ride on the lap of an accompanying adult.
- This is a difficult trip for those with limited mobility.
- Maximum weight is 375 lbs per person.
Days offered: 7 days a week