This eco-adventure is one you will not soon forget!
Each platform features local photographs and descriptions of southeast Alaska eco-systems. Our guides will point out the uniqueness of this area.
Experience Alaska's Best Alpine Canopy Tour!
Imagine yourself suspended above the ground, gliding from one uniquely-themed platform to the next on a series of seven ziplines and 10 platforms through the scenic Alaskan rain forest. This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes an ascending drive through the scenic Tongass National Forest.
You'll be outfitted with top-of-the-line equipment and given a safety briefing. Your guide will be there every step of the way to assist you on this exciting adventure. Our tours never exceed a 1:6 guide-to-guest ratio, so you'll receive plenty of attention along the way! As you walk up the scenic staircase, you'll come to the first platform. Once you're clipped into the double cable zipline, you'll glide away from the forest floor and instantly transition from a bear's eye view to a bird's eye view.
During the tour, you'll view the alpine forest and unique flora and fauna from a VERY unique perspective. You can also enjoy the views from our new aerial suspension bridge! With handrails, and being clipped in from above, you'll safely traverse the bridge. Along your journey, you will cross many brooks and meandering streams. The area provides a scenery of old growth trees that are upwards of 400 years old. Get familiar with the sitka spruce and western hemlock trees. If you are fortunate, you may even view local wildlife.
On the final platform, you will land in our new, uniquely designed tree-house. After a guided, interpretive walk back to the lodge, you can purchase a locally brewed beer or fresh lemonade to sip while you watch the video presentation from your tour. You will have an opportunity to purchase additional snacks, beverages, t-shirts, and many other gifts. You may even want to purchase "proof" of your adventure--your own personal photos!
This adventure is a genuine eco-tour. We have built the course in the old growth forest over flowing streams where there is a natural clearing of trees to minimize the impact. Also, we are one of the only "green" tourism operators in Alaska. Our business operates completely on hydro-electric power.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the fascinating eco-systems of southeast Alaska through photographs and narrative. This tour is the perfect choice for a misty day because we provide rain gear, and you will have shelter throughout the rainforest canopy.
Following the zipline tour, you will have the opportunity to try your hand at Axe Throwing and embrace your inner lumberjack! Safety gear and instructions will be provided by their guides for a fun and exciting outdoor challenge.
- Please be sure to wear closed-toe shoes.
- All gear, as well as raincoats, will be provided.
- A light snack and beverage are included.
- The total time on the platforms is approximately 1.5 hours.
- The minimum age is 8 years old.
- If a passenger is under 16 years old, there must be another passenger over 18 also ziplining in the group.
- The minimum weight is 70 pounds and the maximum weight is 250.
- We require your weight at time of booking.
- There is a maximum of 12 on this tour.
- You may not participate in this excursion if you are pregnant, have heart conditions, are afraid of heights, experience vertigo, anxiety, and/or any other physical condition. You must be in good physical condition to take zipline/canopy tours. You will be asked to sign a waiver prior to participating.
- We require at least one cell phone number.
Days offered: 7 days a week