Customized Half Day In The French Riviera By MinibusExplore > France > Villefranche > Customized Half Day In The French Riviera By Minibus
The itinerary chosen by you and your wonderful driver.
This half-day tour will deliver the best of the French Riviera to you in the best possible way. Your private driver will pick you up and begin with a drive along the lower coastal road. After that, the trip is up to you...
Beautiful back roads, ever changing landscapes, and open skies - the French Riviera is meant to be explored. Based on the conditions of the day, and with the help of your driver's insight, your flexible itinerary will take you to a few of the region's charming towns.
Perhaps you'd like to begin your day by spending some time in Cannes, where you'll experience the home of the Cannes Film Festival for yourself. Drive through the city, including the old town and some great views. Check out the perpetually busy Croisette Boulevard, the nicest hotels and beaches, and, if you want, make a stop at the Film Festival Palace--feel like a star as you take a walk up the famous steps!
Next, you may choose to make your way to Nice, where you can stop in to see the market and try the famous socca (a delicious brick-oven-baked pancake of chickpea flour and olive oil), or visit the Chagall and Matisse museums.
Afterwards, enjoy a short ride out of town as you journey to two favorite villages, St. Paul de Vence and Vence. In the first, you may want to see the Foundation Maeght, an incredible museum that reflects the contemporary artists who live and work in this area. St. Paul de Vence is also famous for the many craftsmen and studios that line the paths of the old village. Or you may prefer to see Vence first, as it has some talented artists. These may be artists who paint, sculpt, or whose products are the most wonderful food and pastry!
Or, you may decide you would like to make your way to Antibes, a former Greek and Roman town, and an active trading port in the Mediterranean. Drive through the old city, passing along the ramparts of the Era of Louis XIV, to reach Port Vauban, the largest marina in Europe, and Fort Carré, a 16th century fortress once used to imprison Napoléon, and now used as a sports and youth center by the city of Antibes.
- Admissions, food, and beverages are not included in the price of this tour.
- It is up to you and your driver to decide whether or not to stop for lunch.
- Please select the surcharge if you want to visit the Prince's Palace of Monaco. This site requires an expensive parking fee for this size vehicle. Entrance to the Prince's Palace is not included and costs 8€ per person.
- There are also parking fees for Eze (50€) and Saint paul de Vence (70€) (payable to your driver if you wish to visit).
- If you wish to visit Cannes or Antibes, please book the 8-hour full day tour. Contact ShoreTrips and advise them of the itinerary you would like.
- You may not have time to see everything mentioned in the tour description. As this is a private tour, it is entirely customizable. Contact ShoreTrips for more information.
Days offered: 7 days a week