Get to know Toulon!
Discover Toulon, the second war port of France, with a panoramic tour that will show you the character of this marine city. Passing by the beach area and the Corniche du Mourillon, you will admire the sumptuous vegetation and the beautiful villas on the sea.
On this tour you will see/visit:
• Corniche du Mourillon
• Place de la Liberté
• Cathedrals and Fountains
• Vegetable/Fruit Market
• Maritime Museum Visit (optional)
• Boat trip (optional)
You will enjoy a charming guided walking tour which will show you the old town's small streets and lovely squares: Place de la Liberté - Place Puget and its curious mossy fountain, the main Cathedral, the "Cours Lafayette" market, animated vegetable & fruit market that crosses all the city-centre, lying under the plain trees until the port, the old St Vincent's washtub, the Opera's façade, "Raimu" writer square, Globe's square and more!
Although the city has been powerful military port for century, its bay offers much more than the naval base. The adjacent coast alternates pretty creeks shaded by umbrella pines, high ochre-red cliffs, little fjords or "calanques" sparkling with translucent turquoise waters, golden sandy beaches and picturesque fishing harbors.
Mount Faron's breathtaking summit mingles sunlit white cliffs, rocky terraces, sweet-smelling underwoods, Mediterranean forests and dazzling flowers, accompanied by a symphony of cicada song! It is accessible by cable car (the only one on the Mediterranean coats) or road.
Inside the Marine museum you will discover the naval history of the city through fantastic painting from the 17een and 18een century, incredible model boats from the 18een used by the seaman's schools, monumental wood carved figureheads and usual navigation instruments from 17th and 18th Centuries.
It's by the sea side that you will end your "marine" tour by a panoramic boat trip around the roadstead of Toulon, admiring the cost and the naval base with war ships and dockyard
• Walking difficulties = 1 hour walking tour on flat streets, sometimes cobble stoned. No big steps.
• Shopping opportunities = Many shops in the small streets of the old town, souvenir's shops on the port's dockyards, big shopping center in front of the port.
• Price for the boat trip is 9€ per person and price for the marine museum is 5.5€ per person.
• Entrance fees, gratuities, food, beverage not included.
• Itineraries and timing may change due to traffic conditions or traffic restrictions.
Days offered: 7 days a week