The Famous Wines In Chateauneuf Du Pape And The Palais Des Papes In AvignonExplore > France > Marseille > The Famous Wines In Chateauneuf Du Pape And The Palais Des Papes In Avignon
The perfect trip to discover the magnificent French countryside.
This is the perfect trip for those who wish to discover the French countryside by exploring Chateauneuf du Pape, and Avignon.
This Tour Includes:
- Round trip transportation
- Visit Châteauneuf du Pape where you will tour a special winery
- Lunch in Avignon
- Lovely walk through 17th century town
Escape from the crowded streets of Marseille to the quaint hillside village of Châteauneuf du Pape, known for its more than 200 vineyards. In the 14th century, Pope Jean XXII chose Châteauneuf du Pape as his official summer residence. You will first tour a local winery where locals will share their passion --- the wealth of their native region, wine.
You’ll surely spoil your palate while sampling contemporary, and exotic wines. You will even be able to purchase bottles and have them shipped directly back to your home in the States.
Next, you will travel to Avignon where you will you will have lunch. Avignon has been described as “a walled city of history and culture.” For almost three quarters of a century, Avignon was a deemed as a European Mecca of art and religion. Not only is the Pope’s former palace (Palais des Papes) still in tact, but it is “the most breath taking sight in Provence.”
After lunch, prepare yourself to embark on a historical journey as you walk through the town and enjoy viewing homes dating back to the 17th century. After your walking tour of Avignon is complete, you will now enjoy your leisurely one hour drive back to the harbor.
- If there is winery in particular that you would like to visit, please call ShoreTrips so that we can put in a request with your tour guide.
- Wear comfortable shoes, and don't forget to bring a camera!
- Please keep in mind that the order of this tour is approximate. Your guide will adapt to the rhythms and interests of your group, so please let her know of any special questions or interests that you may have.
- Admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities are not included in the tour price.
- The maximum number of people that can take this tour is 8.
- Tour does not operate on Sunday. Tour does not operate on Monday's from December through February.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday