Our introduction to Barcelona on bikes will show you both the old quarter and the maritime area.
With such time constraints on our trip to Spain, I wondered why we were meeting with several biking companies. The reason became apparent at the last meeting, where we found exactly what we were looking for. Of all the bike operators we met, this company runs a real business but you would hardly know that as their tour is so entertaining. Not only will you be entranced with Barcelona during this ride, you will feel safe and comfortable with the realization that the pride of Barcelona is exemplified with the care given by each guide.
Here you will also find the best equipment.
You will find your guides are dedicated to two things - Barcelona and biking. In this relaxed mode of transportation, you will be able to see a bit more than the average walking tour and connect with a local who can really give you the inside track on the city. You will be outfitted for a comfortable ride before setting out on one of the most original itineraries of the city.
In a small group, you will set out and ride to the Gothic Quarter of old Barcelona. This is the medieval heart of the city dating back to the Romans. The history of this area is fascinating. The old cathedral, mainly 14th and 15th century Gothic, is a central point in this neighborhood. By taking cycling paths, pedestrian zones and park areas, you will travel to the Old Harbour, and the Citadel Park, a charming and welcome green space in the heart of Barcelona. It has several museums and water displays including a beautiful fountain and small lake along with lots of grassy areas to lie down and soak up the warm sunshine.
A visit to either the famous cathedral, La Sagrada Familia or the hipster neighborhood of Poble Nour Poble is next on your cruise through the city. Your tour will finish with a ride past Olympic Port.
- The starting point of this trip is either a 20-25 minute walk or a 5-10 minute taxi ride (at a cost of $8-$10) from the cruise ship pier. Specific directions will appear on your voucher.
- The price of this tour includes bike rental, services of an English-speaking guide, and a bottle of water
- The operator will bring rain gear, if necessary. Please wear appropriate clothes for biking.
- Helmets are compulsory in Barcelona for riders up to age 16 and will be provided free of charge. Those older than 16 can rent a helmet on-site for 2,00€.
- This tour can accommodate a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 15. Please contact ShoreTrips if you have more than 15 in your group.
- This tour is not available on December 25th and 26th and January 6th.
Days offered: 7 days a week