Bike through the world renowned El Penedès wine region!
What a unique way to spend a day! Biking through the Catalan countryside, you'll enjoy some of Spain's finest wines, cavas, and foods. Cycling through the picturesque terrain of the Penedès wine region, flanked by the peaks of the Mediterranean mountains and coastal range, makes visiting these small, boutique wineries all the more memorable.
The El Penedès wine region is the perfect destination for a relaxing day of cycling and wine tasting near Barcelona.
The Mediterranean climate produces an amazing range of wines and cavas of excellent character and quality, and it also offers a variety of fantastic biking routes through the lush vineyards and rolling coastal hills year round. Just south of bustling Barcelona, the quiet lanes of Penedès take you deep into the heart of this wine region's villages and vineyards for a well-rounded day that includes bicycling, fresh air, culture, delicious Catalan food, and incomparable wine tasting.
This day trip can be a leisurely ride through the rolling hills and winding lanes that cross the dense grapevines of Penedès, or a morning of challenging mountain biking through the Garraf coastal mountains. The 2-3 hour ride is staggered between winery and restaurant stops, making this a very pleasant and non-strenuous backroads day excursion that has proven successful with wine connoisseurs, as well as general wine enthusiasts and adventurers. It is a hands-on, informative approach to understanding grape varieties and wine production of the past and present. A local expert hosts this day with explanations and generous wine tasting of several reds, whites, rosés, and cavas, which you are welcome to enjoy again and again at the wineries and during your traditional Catalan lunch or dinner.
- This tour includes services of a local guide, use of a bicycle, vineyard tours and tastings, and a delicious lunch or dinner.
- PLEASE NOTE: This tour begins in the Pendes region. You will have to arrange and take a 50-minute train ride from Barcelona to Lavern to meet this tour. The cost of the train is very low and it is an easy ride. Your guide will meet you at the train station in Lavern once you arrive.
- If you have more than 6 people in your group, please contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- Please note that if your party is the only 2 people who book, you may be subject to a 20 euro surcharge per person to ensure the tour goes on, privately.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
Days offered: Tuesday, Friday