Explore wonderful Spanish villages on this easy hiking excursion.
Nestled in the Pyrenees Mountains, just north of Barcelona, are numerous charming medieval villages, where stone houses and cafés are built directly into the rock of the mountainsides.
These Pyrenees villages have been amazingly well-preserved, and find themselves in the middle of great hiking and walking routes. Far from bustling Barcelona, the loudest sounds you’ll hear on this small group adventure are streams and rivers.
After a short drive from central Barcelona, you'll begin your adventure by exploring a village’s winding cobblestone streets and buildings dating back more than 500 years. You’ll find unique photo opportunities at every turn, as these villages are authentic communities where life simply goes on around you as you pass through.
Following coffee or tea at a local café, a short hike through wooded trails rewards you with streams, rivers, waterfalls, and spectacular views of forested valleys such as La Garrotxa and Ripolles.
Before returning to Barcelona, you'll be treated to a leisurely lunch in a traditional Catalan restaurant, providing the perfect touch to this culture-adventure excursion.
- The price of this tour includes a great guide, a beverage at the Rupit café, and a full lunch of your choice (including wine/beer, dessert, and coffee).
- This is not a private tour.
- The hike is approximately 2 to 3 hours in duration and of easy to moderate intensity. If you don't want to hike, you can stay behind in the village and enjoy the peacefulness of the quiet village.
- There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 for this tour.
- If there are only 2 people scheduled to take the trip when you arrive at your point of departure, there may be a 20€ per person fee for a private tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week