Hike The Pyrenees' Peaks And ValleysExplore > Spain > Barcelona > Hike The Pyrenees' Peaks And Valleys
Hike through the Pyrenees Mountains, just north of bustling Barcelona.
This is an active and vigorous day where you will find yourself on a true adventure in the midst of craggy peaks, spectacular rivers and waterfalls, lush valleys, and winding routes leading you to stunning panoramic views and charming medieval villages.
This tour includes:
- An exhilarating, 3-4 hour scenic hike
- Services of a great guide
- Light morning snack
- A delicious lunch at a rustic farmhouse
- Lots of spectacular photos and memories!
- Bottled water
After you escape from Barcelona, you’ll begin your excursion from one of the many charming, small Pyrenees villages. Expect an active tour but also a perfect mix of an amazingly well-preserved 16th century stone village, breathtaking scenery in the mountains and the higher-altitude valleys in the area. You surely will work up an appetite while exploring the winding cobblestones streets of the village.
To begin, you will be guided from the foot of the Pyrenees mountains at 1340 meters elevation to a vast, gentle plateau with an easy half-hour walk to a rock formation originally used as a natural prison for Napoleon's troops.
Take in the million dollar views of the reservoir below and the wonderland of the southern Pyrenees before the adventure gets interesting as you drop through a break in a huge cliff and descend to a route ending in a second overlook. A well-deserved rest with snacks comes next.
Continuing on this trail, you will hit a rigorous 60-minute ascent winding along huge rock pinnacles and through secluded pine and beech forest. We said rigorous - you will start climb that does a switchback up to the top for the expanding views before beginning to head back down.
All of this is followed by an incredible meal at a rustic working farmhouse and restaurant. You will have the king-sized meal you earned before exploring the village with a stop at an old Romanesque church and a unique cemetery influenced by Gaudi.
- This tour includes a great guide and a delicious lunch.
- You should be in good physical health for this tour as it is more vigorous.
- We recommend you wear long pants to protect against thorns.
- Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes with good tread on the day of your excursion, as flip-flops and dress shoes are not appropriate for the hiking portion
- Sections of the path are very narrow, down to 12 inches wide.
- Please note that the ride to and from the start of this hike is two hours in each direction, during which you will be entertained by your guide.
- This trip requires a minimum of 2 passengers. The maximum that can be accommodated is 8.
- If there are only two people scheduled to take the trip when you arrive at your point of departure, there may be a 15€ per person fee for a private tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week