Visit the charming city of Girona, then immerse yourself in the world of Salvador Dalí.
Girona has been described as the "Florence of Catalonia" because of its impressive artistic and architectural heritage.
This magnificent tour will take you through Girona's historical city centre. You'll love walking down its streets, which are covered with tall, pastel-colored buildings. Visit the old Jewish Quarter (one of the best preserved Jewish Quarters in Europe), Saint Felix Church, the Girona Cathedral with its Tapestry of Creation, and walk the paths around the old Roman city walls with fantastic views of the city below. You'll also have the opportunity to explore the Arab Baths, Archaeological Museum, and the Museum of Jewish History.
As your guide takes you through the narrow cobbled streets of the old part of the city you will learn about some of the legends and myths of Girona. Who were the witches of the Cathedral? Who was the Lioness of Girona and how did she shape the history and culture of Girona?
From here, you'll head to the town of Figueres, where Salvador Dalí was born. The Dalí Theatre-Museum, built on the site of the old theatre of Figueres, opened its doors in 1974. Today, it is the second-most visited museum in Spain, next to El Prado, and contains the largest collection of Dalí's works, with over 1,500 exhibits starting from his earliest creations through his surrealist period and up to the last years of his life. The Dalí Theatre-Museum also contains a number of works by other artists selected by Dalí, who conceived and designed everything in the museum. His aim was to offer visitors an incomparable visual experience and the opportunity to understand his fascinating world.
- The price of this tour does not include the €2 entrance fee to the Arab Baths, the €10 entrance fee to the Dali Museum, or the €5 entrance fee to the Girona Cathedral.
- Lunch is not included. If you wish to make a stop for food, your guide can arrange this for you.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and/or sunglasses, and sunscreen. You also might want to bring along water for when you are walking.
- Time permitting, your group may stop for some shopping in Girona and/or the souvenir shop at the Dalí Museum.
- This tour may not run on days of certain religious festivals and bank holidays.
- The WEEKEND SUPPLEMENT must be purchased for tours taking place on Saturday or Sunday.
- This tour includes some uphill walks in Girona that may be considered strenuous.
Days offered: 7 days a week