Mount Desert Island, Mansions & Finger Lickin' Lobster LunchExplore > United States > Maine > Mount Desert Island, Mansions & Finger Lickin' Lobster Lunch
Join us for the most comprehensive introduction to Bar Harbor--and a delicious lobster lunch!
Start off this wonderful tour by getting to know the historic district of Bar Harbor. We'll drive around Old Bar Harbor and then we're off to the top of Cadillac Mountain! Cadillac Mountain is 1,530 feet high, which provides stunning 360 degree views of the island and even your ship in the harbor.
Next. it's on to Sieur de Monts Springs to view the lovely nature center and gardens. You'll also see Bear Brook--a large beaver pond with lots of lodges and dams, Precipice Cliffs with its 1,000 foot open cliff range and peregrine falcons, and Sand Beach's beautiful pink sand surrounded by rocky cliffs!
We're then off to Thunder Hole--a naturally carved granite inlet that explodes as the water rushes in, Otter Cliffs, and Sand Beach. Explore communities of Seal Harbor and Northeast Harbor, which are the summer colonies of the ultra-rich such as Rockefellers, Vanderbilt, Astors, and Martha Stewart.
See the amazing mansions and beautiful harbors, and the famous Thuya and Asticou Gardens. We'll then travel down to Southwest Harbor to eat at an authentic Lobster Pound for lunch!
Many restaurants claim to be a pound where lobster boats bring their catch to be weighed, but really there are only a couple on the island that actually serve lobster. We'll go to one where the locals typically go. See the boats come in and out while you eat lobster either inside or outside on the pier.
Lunch includes a lobster, corn on the cob, coleslaw, a medium beverage, and dessert. We'll conclude the tour by taking you to the historic Bass Harbor Headlight and Acadia's natural rock seawall.
- Entrance to Acadia National Park is included in the tour cost, allowing you to avoid lines upon arrival to the National Park.
- Thunder Hole is a major landmark in Acadia and buses are now restricted and cannot go there. Our small tours are able to include these highlights.
- The Lobster Pound is closed before Memorial Day and after Columbus Day. A lobster lunch at a great family owned location will be provided in its place.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour. The estimate per person for a full lobster meal is approximately $40 per person.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- For groups larger than 6 we will use two vehicles or a 14 passenger van. Contact ShoreTrips if you have any questions.
- These tours have the ability to go into locations of Acadia Park that are not available to larger vehicles. The space inside the vans is limited and the seating is 1 person in front with driver/guide, 2 in second row and 3 people in the rear. If this will be uncomfortable for your group we suggest you book just 4 people per vehicle.
- This tour has many stops requiring you to exit the vehicle and is not advisable for those with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week