Get To Know Bar Harbor & Acadia National ParkExplore > United States > Maine > Get To Know Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park
Get to know the best of Bar Harbor in this wonderful 1/2 day excursion!
This tour is totally customizable. We've noted down some of our favorites, but feel free to let us know how you'd like to adapt the itinerary and we'll meet your needs.
We'll start off this wonderful tour by getting to know the historic district of Bar Harbor. We'll drive around Old Bar Harbor and then enter Acadia National Park and head up to the top of Cadillac Mountain! Cadillac Mountain is 1,530 feet high, which provides stunning 360 degree views of the island and even your ship in the harbor.
Next, it's on to Sieur de Monts Springs to view the lovely nature center and gardens. We'll also see Bear Brook, a large beaver pond with lots of lodges and dams; Precipice Cliffs with its 1,000 foot open cliff range; peregrine falcons; and Sand Beach's beautiful pink sand surrounded by rocky cliffs!
We'll take you to all of Acadia's famous sites, including Thunder Hole, a naturally carved granite inlet that explodes as the water rushes in, Otter Cliffs and Sand Beach.
Another option incorporated into your itinerary is traveling to the communities of Seal Harbor and Northeast Harbor, which are the summer colonies of the ultra-rich such as the Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Astors, and Martha Stewart. See the amazing mansions and beautiful harbors.
You may also choose to see the famous Asticou and Thuya Gardens--hidden treasures that bus tours are not allowed to go to.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
- Entrance to Acadia National Park is included in the tour cost, allowing you to avoid lines upon arrival to the National Park.
- Thunder Hole is a major landmarks in Acadia and buses are now restricted and cannot go there. Our small tours are able to include these highlights.
- For groups larger than 6 we will use two vehicles or a 14 person van. Contact ShoreTrips if you have any questions.
- These tours have the ability to go into locations of Acadia Park that are not available to larger vehicles. The space inside the vans is limited and the seating is 1 person in front with driver/guide, 2 in second row and 3 people in the rear. If this will be uncomfortable for your group we suggest you book just 4 people per vehicle.
- This tour has many stops requiring you to exit the vehicle and is not advisable for those with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week