Customizable Acadia National Park TourExplore > United States > Maine > Customizable Acadia National Park Tour
How about a visit to Thunder Hole? Customize your trip!
Our drivers narrate the tours with history and facts about the geology of the area, spiced up with local tales that you won't hear anywhere else!
Did you know that Acadia National Park covers over 42,000 acres? Explore its cliffs, rocky coves, glacier-carved lakes, and dense forests. You'll be taken aback by the incredible vistas!
We'll drive along the 27 mile-long Park Loop Road up to the top of Cadillac Mountain, the highest peak on the eastern seaboard and the first place daylight hits each morning. From Cadillac, you can see spectacular views of Bar Harbor and its surrounding islands.
Visit all of the famous sites, including Sand Beach, Thunder Hole, Otter Cliffs, and Jordan Pond House. See Bubble Pond and the glacial erratic Bubble Rock teetering on the edge of the cliff for over 50,000 years. Most of the park was donated by the Rockefeller family. As you wind through the park, you'll see hand-cut stone bridges and other evidence of the family's elaborate 57 miles of auto-free carriage trails.
If you have a special place you'd like to see, let us know. We'll be happy to take you there.
- Entrance to Acadia National Park is included in the tour cost, allowing you to avoid lines upon arrival to the National Park.
- Thunder Hole and Sand Beach are major landmarks in Acadia and buses are now restricted and cannot go there. Our small tours are able to include these highlights.
- For groups larger than 6 we will use two vehicles or a 14 person van. Contact ShoreTrips if you have any questions.
- These tours have the ability to go into locations of Acadia Park that are not available to larger vehicles. The space inside the vans is limited and the seating is 1 person in front with driver/guide, 2 in second row and 3 people in the rear. If this will be uncomfortable for your group we suggest you book just 4 people per vehicle.
- This tour has many stops requiring you to exit the vehicle and is not advisable for those with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week