Rhodes And Lindos Half Day Island Tour
See the must-see sites of Rhodes with the best guide around.
After being picked up from your cruise ship, you will begin your tour with a panoramic drive through the New Town of Rhodes.
Your journey begins with a panoramic drive through New Town, where you'll see many of the government buildings before making a scenic stop on Monte Smith Hill. As you pass by the Temple of Apollo, the Greek Stadium, and the Greek amphitheatre, you'll hear the history of these ancient mythological figures.
Upon arrival at the D'Ambroise Gate of the Medieval City, you'll begin a walking tour, a necessity to experience the impressively restored Grand Master's Palace and the Street of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem.
Reboard your vehicle at the Kolona Gate for your trip to Lindos. Enjoy a one-hour scenic drive along the east coast of the island, past beautiful small villages with many gnarled olive trees, including the village of Archangelos, where you'll be treated to a demonstration of the creation of handmade pottery.
Before entering Lindos, linger for a moment to admire the impressive view of the Acropolis and village situated in the picturesque bay below. Now drive south of Lindos, to St. Paul's Bay, which is also a magnificent view.
Upon reaching the main square of Lindos, you can enjoy shopping in the village or choose to climb the Acropolis of Lindos, a journey of 292 steps that you can make on foot or on donkey.
- The price of this tour includes a wonderful, licensed English-speaking guide and deluxe motor coach.
- The price of this tour does not include the entrance fee of 6€ per person to the Palace of the Grand Master or the entrance fee of 12€ per person to the Acropolis of Lindos.
- You must be able to walk on uneven surfaces for this tour.
- If you prefer not to climb up to the Acropolis of Lindos, you may wait near the base of the Acropolis or take a donkey, which is an extra fee of 6€ that you may pay when you arrive.
- The Sunday Supplement also applies to certain Public Holidays. Supplement is per group and not per person.
Days offered: 7 days a week