Rhodes And Lindos Full Day Island Tour
Explore the city of Rhodes, followed by the fascinating Acropolis of Lindos.
After being picked up from your cruise ship, you will begin your tour with a panoramic drive through the New Town of Rhodes.
As your tour begins, you'll pass Mandraki Harbour, the Post Office, Town Hall, and Evangelismos, and continue to the Monte Smith Hill, which offers a magnificent view of the Aegean and the City of Rhodes. Pass the ancient Rhodes Acropolis--dedicated to Zeus Polieus, Athena Polias, and Pythian Apollo--of which four columns have been reconstructed, and past the 2nd century BC ancient Stadium and Theatre, both of which have been restored.
Continue on to the D’ Amboise Gate of the Medieval City, where you'll disembark your vehicle and visit the Palace of the Grand Master, the most imposing building of medieval Rhodes. Originally built in the 14th century, the building was demolished by an explosion in 1856 and then restored in 1939 during the Italian occupation. Walk along the Street of the Knights, which, in spite of the restoration of its buildings, has remained untouched by the passage of 500 years. Admire the gothic style of the buildings and the inns of the various "Tongues" that stand in a row with their impressive arched doorways and emblems carved above them.
Now reboard your vehicle at the Kolona Gate for your trip to Lindos. Enjoy a one-hour scenic drive along the east coast of the island, passing through different landscapes and many villages, including the village of Archangelos, where you'll be treated to a demonstration of the creation of handmade pottery.
Finally, arrive at Lindos--the "Jewel of the Island"--the most attractive village on Rhodes. Enjoy a guided visit of the Acropois of Lindos, including the Great Stoa, the Temple of Athena Lindia of the 4th century BC, the ancient theatre, and the few remains of the Temple of Dionysus.
Continue through the picturesque village, with its traditional architecture and decorated houses, many dating back to the 15th and 16th centuries. Your last stop is the 15th century medieval church dedicated to the Virgin Mary, of which the icons and frescoes have recently been restored to their former glory.
- This tour includes a wonderful licensed English-speaking guide.
- The price of this tour does not include entrance fees. Entrance to the Palace of the Knights is 6€ per person, and entrance to the Acropolis of Lindos is 12€ per person.
- Unless you would like a shortened touring time, this trip can start no later than 9 a.m.
- The Sunday Supplement also applies to certain Public Holidays. Supplement is per group and not per person.
- This tour requires you to be able to walk uneven surfaces. If you prefer not to climb up to the Acropolis in Lindos, you may wait or take a donkey.
Days offered: 7 days a week