Half day tour with the best driver around!
Embark on this tour with the most knowledgeable driver in Rhodes--who just happens to have the most wonderful smile!
If you're an early riser and choose the 8 am tour, your journey begins in Old Town, where you'll pass through the street of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem and visit the impressively-restored Palace of the Grand Masters. If desired, you can request a visit to the Jewish Synagogue here.
Next, OR the start of the 9 am tour, you'll head to the entrance of the Old Harbor, where the famous Colossus of Rhodes once stood, and then past the many hotel complexes on your way to the Acropolis of Rhodes. Enjoy an excellent panoramic view, and visit the Temple of Apollo, the Greek Stadium, and the Greek amphitheater.
Following a 35-mile drive to the east coast of the island, past beautiful small villages with many gnarled olive trees, you'll arrive in Lindos. As you approach Lindos, linger for a moment to admire the impressive view of the Acropolis and the village situated in the picturesque bay below. Driving south of Lindos, to St. Paul's Bay, you'll experience another magnificent view.
Upon reaching the main square of Lindos, you can enjoy shopping in the village or choose to climb the Acropolis of Lindos. a journey of 292 steps that you can make on foot or on a donkey.
At some point, break for lunch at a restaurant on the Mediterranean Sea with a beautiful panoramic view. If you like, bring along your swim gear and go for a dip, or dig your toes in the sandy beach of Lindos.
If you would like, your driver will drop you off at the Old Town at the end of the tour for you to explore on your own. You will then make your own way
- The price of this tour does not include any food, drink, entrance fees, or gratuities.
- The price of this tour does not include the 6€ per person entrance fee to the Palace of the Grand Master, or the 6€ per person entrance fee to the Acropolis of Lindos.
- The climb up the Acropolis is optional, therefore the entrance fee is not required.
- Please note: Only the 8 am departure time provides a tour of the Old Town. Beginning at 9 am, the Old Town is closed to vehicular traffic. If you would like, your driver will drop you off at the Old Town at the end of the tour for you to explore on your own. You will then be responsible for making your own way back to the ship, about a 20-minute walk.
- Please note: The Palace of the Grand Masters does not open until 12 p.m. on Mondays.
Days offered: 7 days a week