Rhodes Wonderful Old Town And The Acropolis Of Lindos
Wonderful way to spend a day on Rhodes.
After being picked up from the cruise ship pier, you will begin your tour in the Old Town.
Your driver will greet you and get you moving right away. You will enter Old Rhodes through one of its 7 gates. Pass through the street of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, and visit the impressive restored Palace of the Grand Masters.
Now continue on to the entrance of the Old Harbor, where the famous Colossus of Rhodes once stood, and then past the many hotel complexes on your way to the Acropolis of Rhodes. Enjoy an excellent panoramic view, and visit the Temple of Apollo, the Greek Stadium, and the Greek Theater.
Your next stop is Lindos. Drive 35 miles to the east coast of the island, past beautiful small villages with many gnarled olive trees. Before entering Lindos, linger for a moment to admire the impressive view of the Acropolis and village situated in the picturesque bay below. Now drive south of Lindos, to St. Paul's Bay, which is also a magnificent view.
Finally, drive to the main square of Lindos to visit the village and climb up to the Acropolis. This is an optional climb, and the area is beautiful regardless of your decision. To reach the Lindos Acropolis you will be required to climb or ride on a donkey 292 steps. At some point, break for lunch at a restaurant on the Mediterranean Sea with a beautiful panoramic view.
On the way back, drive through the island from the East to the West coast, passing through villages and densely wooded areas, finally coming to the Valley of the Butterflies. From June to September thousands of multicolored butterflies appear on this beautiful spot. Stop to get out and take a look. If you want to pass through the "Valley of the Butterflies," this will be about a 30 minute walk.
Continue on the west coast, coming eventually to the ruins of the Acropolis of the Ancient Lalussos. Here you will find one of the best view of panoramic Ixia, one of the biggest tourist settlements, before heading back to Rhodes Town.
- Touring Old Rhodes and Lindos require easy walking.
- The price of this tour does not include any food, drink, entrance fees, or gratuities.
- This tour does not include the 6€ per person entrance fee to the Palace of the Grand Masters, or the 6€ per person entrance fee to the Acropolis of Lindos.
- If you wish to walk through the Valley of the Butterflies (populated with butterflies from mid-June through mid-September), the entrance fee is approximately 5€ per person.
- The climb up to the top of the Acropolis is optional. If you decide not to climb, there will be no entrance fee. Donkeys are available to make the climb in Lindos to the Acropolis and back and cost is not included.
- Please dress comfortably with walking shoes and layers to be comfortable.
- Please note that on Mondays the Palace of the Grand Masters does not open until 12:00pm.
- This tour includes walking portions in Lindos and Old Rhodes on cobblestones.
- Groups of 4 will use a Mercedes Sedan as the vehicle for this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week