Explore Lindos, plus the Acropolis of Lindos and Valley of the Butterflies.
Embark on this tour with the most knowledgeable driver in Rhodes--who just happens to have the most wonderful smile!
If you're an early riser and choose the 8 am tour, your journey begins in Old Town, where you'll pass through the street of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem and visit the impressively-restored Palace of the Grand Masters. If desired, you can request a visit to the Jewish Synagogue here.
Next, OR the start of the 9 am tour you'll head to the entrance of the Old Harbor, where the famous Colossus of Rhodes once stood, and then past the many hotel complexes on your way to the Acropolis of Rhodes. Enjoy an excellent panoramic view, and visit the Temple of Apollo, the Greek Stadium, and the Greek amphitheater.
Following a 35-mile drive to the east coast of the island, past beautiful small villages with many gnarled olive trees, you'll arrive in Lindos. As you approach Lindos, linger for a moment to admire the impressive view of the Acropolis and the village situated in the picturesque bay below. Driving south of Lindos, to St. Paul's Bay, you'll experience another magnificent view.
The enticing beaches that you saw from above will now be in front of you. Dig your feet in the sand or have your escort negotiate a beach chair for you. Food and facilities are there for you to enjoy and, if you find the sun too strong, you can go into the village of Lindos for some shopping or climb up the Acropolis of Lindos, a journey of 292 steps that you can make on foot or on donkey.
Depending on how much time you spend in Lindos, you may wish to drive through the island, from the east to the west coast, passing through villages and densely wooded areas, finally arriving at the Valley of the Butterflies. From June to September, thousands of multi-colored butterflies appear in this beautiful area. Get out and take a look around and, if you like, embark on a 30-minute walk.
Continuing along the west coast, you'll arrive at the ruins of the Acropolis of the Ancient Lalussos. Here, you'll find some of the best views of panoramic Ixia, one of the biggest tourist settlements, before heading back to Rhodes Town.
- Please bring your swimsuit, a towel, sunscreen, and any other items that you would like to have for your beach stay.
- Beach chairs and umbrellas may be rented on the beach for about $12-$14 per couple.
- The price of this tour does not include any food, drink, entrance fees, or gratuities.
- The price of this tour does not include the 6€ per person entrance fee to the Palace of the Grand Masters or the 6€ per person entrance fee to the Acropolis of Lindos. If you wish to walk through the Valley of the Butterflies (populated with butterflies from mid-June through mid-September), the entrance fee is approximately 5€ per person. The climb up to the top of the Acropolis is optional. If you decide not to climb, there will be no entrance fee.
- Please note: Only the 8 am departure time provides a tour of the Old Town. Beginning at 9 am, the Old Town is closed to vehicular traffic. If you would like, your driver will drop you off at the Old Town at the end of the tour for you to explore on your own. You will then be responsible for making your own way back to the ship, about a 20-minute walk.
- This trip works best with a departure before or by 8:30 a.m.
- Please note: The Palace of the Grand Masters does not open until 12 p.m. on Mondays.
- Groups of 4 will use a Mercedes Sedan as the vehicle for this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week