Pre-Cruise Tour - Private Half Day Of Athens - Airport PickupExplore > Greece > Athens > Pre-Cruise Tour - Private Half Day Of Athens - Airport Pickup
Your private vehicle and English-speaking GUIDE will show you the best sights of Athens.
Begin your day by journeying to the city center and Syntagma Square, essentially the tourist core of Athens. Dominated by the old Royal Palace, now the Greek Parliament (where you can see the changing of the guards in front every hour on the hour!), Syntagma Square is where most of the famous ancient monuments are located. Visit the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, and the National Library.
Next, we'll drive down Herod Atticus Street, where you'll see the evzones in their picturesque uniform and the Presidential Palace. On your way to the Acropolis, you'll see the Panathenaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896), the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and Hadrian's Arch.
Of course, you can't miss the Acropolis, the trademark of Athens. The ancient "high city" is topped with marble temples dedicated to the city's goddess Athena, and dates back to the Late Bronze Age. Following your climb to the top, you'll be rewarded with a visit to the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and, finally, the Parthenon. Your licensed guide will entertain you with the history and myths of the beginning of civilization.
- You will be asked your preferred pick up time/information regarding your travel arrangements during check out. There is a surcharge for services between 10 PM and 6 AM.
- The price of this tour does not include any food, beverages, entrance fees, or gratuities. Entrance fees to most Athenian archaeological sites are approximately 12€ per person.
- You may do this tour in either order.
- Groups of 2 people will be transported in a pre-booked Mercedes taxi. Please note that while the vehicles are used primarily for private tours and transfer services, it is the law for the meter to be on and for the vehicle to have a taxi sign on top. You will not be expected to pay the meter.
- Please note that the Sunday Supplement also applies to the following Public Holidays in 2020: January 1; March 2nd; March 25th, April 17th-19th; May 1st; June 8th; August 15th; October 28th and December 25th and 26th.
- Supplement is per group and not per person.
- This tour can only handle the luggage for up to 8 people. You are allowed 2 bags and a carry-on per person.
Days offered: 7 days a week