Guided Full Day In Athens - Hotel Pickup And Pier DropoffExplore > Greece > Athens > Guided Full Day In Athens - Hotel Pickup And Pier Dropoff
Your private vehicle and English-speaking GUIDE will show you the best sights of Athens.
Start from square one--your hotel lobby--and continue through Athens to Piraeus, where you'll begin your cruise--or the reverse.
This tour includes:
• Hotel pickup and pier dropoff (or vice vesa)
• English-speaking guide
• Syntagma Square
• House of Parliament
• Memorial to the Unknown Soldier
• National Library
• Herod Atticus Street
• Presidential Palace
• Panathenaic Stadium
• Temple of Olympian Zeus
• Hadrian's Arch
Visit the city center and Syntagma Square, essentially the tourist core of the city. Dominated by the old Royal Palace, now the Greek Parliament (where you can see the changing of the guards every hour on the hour!), Syntagma Square is where most of the famous ancient monuments are located. Visit the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, and the National Library.
Now drive down Herod Atticus Street, where you'll see the evzones in their picturesque uniform and the Presidential Palace. On your way to the Acropolis, you will see the Panathenaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896), the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and Hadrian's Arch.
Of course, you can't miss the Acropolis, the trademark of Athens. The ancient "high city" is topped with marble temples dedicated to the city's goddess Athena, and dates back to the Late Bronze Age. Following your climb to the top, you'll be rewarded with a visit to the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and, finally, the Parthenon.
Your licensed guide will entertain you with the history and myths of the beginning of civilization.
• The price of this tour does not include any food, beverages, entrance fees, or gratuities.
• Entrance fees to most Athenian archaeological sites are approximately 12€ per person.
• You may do this tour in either order.
• Please note that the Sunday Supplement also applies to the following Public Holidays in 2013: March 18 and 25; May 3, 5, and 6; June 24; August 15; October 28; and December 25 and 26.
• Supplement is per group and not per person.
• This tour can only handle luggage for up to 8 people. You are allowed 2 bags and a carry-on per person.
Days offered: 7 days a week