Travel out of the crowded city to the beauty of Mount Parnitha.
Nature lovers, mountain hikers, and adventurers will all find something to do on Mount Parnitha. The highest of the Attica mountains at 1,400 meters, Mount Parnitha's huge pine wood forest is home to over 800 different kinds of herbs and plants, and contains thousands of trails and hundreds of small caves to explore.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier or your hotel in a minivan
• Services of an an English-speaking guide/trekking expert
• Choice of 2 different trekking routes
• Picnic lunch
• Free time to relax or explore
• A great adventure!
Mount Parnitha is the closest mountain to Athens, just a one-hour drive from the city center. In the mountain's fir forest, there are numerous trails where you can enjoy hikes of varying difficulty levels and escape from city life for a few hours. We will propose an ideal route for you based on your experience and desire for adventure.
Option 1: Mola-Bafi (Ideal for kids 6-12 years and adults)
Arrive in Mola, where you'll meet your trekking guide. A short while after the trek starts, you'll come to the Agios Petros spring, where you may fill your water bottles. Approximately 1 hour later, you'll find yourself in a big recreation area, near Bafi refuge.
Option 2: Cableway-Bafi refuge (Ideal for kids over 12 and adults)
You'll meet your trekking guide in the parking lot of the cableway and start trekking up to Mount Parnitha. View the unique change of scenery as you ascend, starting with bushes and ending surrounded by pine trees. The trekking duration is 2-2.5 hours.
At the conclusion of your hike, you'll be treated to a picnic lunch in Bafi refuge. Your meal includes salad, cheese, a main course, dessert, and one beverage per person. Following lunch, you'll have a few hours to hang out and relax before returning to the cruise ship pier or your hotel.
• The price of this tour includes round trip transportaion from the Piraeus port or your hotel, an English speaking guide/trekking expert, and a picnic lunch.
• Please note that your itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of the tour leader, according to local and weather conditions.
• It will take approximately 1 hour to drive from the Piraeus port to Mount Parnitha.
• Please wear good walking shoes, comfortable clothes, a waterproof jacket, and bring a backpack with bottled water, a long sleeved t-shirt, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
Days offered: 7 days a week