Luxury tour of Jerusalem with a Muslim perspective.
Included in this tour:
- English speaking guide
- Private luxury motor coach with a professional driver, microphone and air-conditioning
You will have the opportunity to see:
- Panoramic view from atop the Mount of Olives.
- Jerusalem, Old City walking tour: visit Al Haram El Sharif, Al Aqsa mosque. Walk through the Moslim quarter. Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and see the Mosque of Omar.
This comprehensive full day tour offers a wonderful opportunity for sightseeing in Jerusalem, one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities. Boarding your coach at the pier, you’ll first enjoy a scenic drive from Ashdod into the hauntingly stark Judean Hills, traveling along the same route used for centuries to reach Jerusalem.
Proceed to the Mount of Olives, named by the olive trees which have grown for centuries. The Mount is the site of many important Biblical events and offers breathtaking views of the Old City and Temple Mount.
Your coach will next proceed to the Old City and visit Al Haram El Sharif, a concentration of some of the most magnificent architecture in the Holy Land. It’s most famous building is the Dome of the Rock. The rock marks the site from where Prophet Muhammad made his Night Journey into the heavens and back to Mecca. The Dome of the Rock presents the first example of the Islamic world-view and is the symbol of the oneness and continuity of the Abrahamic belief, i.e. Jewish, Christian and Muslim faith. Next visit Al Aqsa Mosque, the second oldest mosque in Islam after the Ka’ba in Mecca, and is third in holiness and importance after the mosques in Mecca and Medina. View El Kass, the Sabil built in 1320 by Mamluk Emir Tankas E Nazri, still used to date. See other arches and Madrassah. Continue to El Burak (Western Wall), the tradition says that the wall was the place where Muhammad tethered his winged steed, Buraq.
Next, enjoy the sites and flavors of the Muslim Quarter. Walk to the Muristan Quarter, visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and see the Mosque of Omar before enjoying a leisurely drive back to the awaiting ship at Ashdod Port.
Please contact ShoreTrips if you have 25 or more people in your group.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as portions of this tour involve walking.
- Lunch, beverages, entrance fees, gratuities are not included.
- The sights on this tour are not wheelchair accessible and therefore, it is not available to wheelchair guests. There is a substantial amount of activity, including strenuous walking and some steps to negotiate; therefore, it is not considered suitable for those guests with mobility concerns.
- Visit Al Haram El Sharif and the Al Aqsa mosque is allowed only for Muslims.
- Modest dress is mandatory. Wearing revealing clothing such as sleeveless shirts, shorts or skirts above the knee will result in you not being allowed entry into religious buildings.
Attention clients: You must carry your passport with you on this tour. You will not be able to enter certain sites if you do not have your passport.
Days offered: 7 days a week