Luxury tour of Jerusalem with a Christian perspective.
Included in this tour:
- English speaking guide
- Private luxury motor coach with a professional driver, microphone and air-conditioning
You will have the opportunity to see:
- Visit the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem
- Panoramic view from atop the Mount of Olives
- Visit the Church of All Nations at the Gardens of Gethsemane
- Old City walking tour: enter via St. Stephen’s Gate
walk along the Via Dolorosa.
- Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher
Your tour begins with a scenic drive from Ashdod into the Judean Hills to the edge of the desert, where the legendary town of Bethlehem is found. Your time here includes a visit to the renowned Church of the Nativity. This extraordinary church is built over a grotto that is believed to be the location of Jesus’ birth.
Re-board your coach and travel to Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, famous for its timeless beauty and once considered the center of the world.
Proceed toward the Mount of Olives where time will be allowed to take photos from this highly favorable vantage point that provides an unparalleled and breathtaking panorama of the walled Old City and the sacred churches; the Church of Ascension, Pater Noster, Dominus Flevit and the Church of St Mary Magdalene. Near the base of the Mount, you will visit the picturesque Gardens of Gethsemane, site of an ancient olive oil press yard that is surrounded by 1,000 year-old trees and visit the impressive Church of All Nations.
Then, it’s time to continue your exploration of this fascinating destination with a walking tour of the historical Old City. Entering via St. Stephen’s Gate, your walk will take you past some of the most sacred sites in religious history. You make your way along the famous Via Dolorosa, believed by many to be the route Jesus followed as he carried his cross to Calvary. A visit to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher is also included. Perched on the hill known as Golgotha, the Church marks the site of Jesus’ crucifixion, burial and resurrection.
After what will no doubt be a highly memorable visit, you’ll enjoy a leisurely drive back to the ship at Ashdod Port.
Please contact ShoreTrips if you have 25 or more people in your group.
- When visiting the religious sites conservative attire is required. Shorts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. Flat, comfortable walking shoes are suggested.
- At times long lines may be expected in the churches.
- Visit to the Grotto at the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem is subject to time permitting.
- The tour sequence may vary.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Special Note about BETHLEHEM: Bethlehem is part of the Palestinian Authority. Nearly all guides are Israelis. Israeli guides are not allowed to escort tourists into Bethlehem. We will use a Palestinian guide from Bethlehem to escort you (the client) into Bethlehem. Instead of paying your Bethlehem guide in cash for his services, we have a different system. The guide's services are sponsored by a local gift shop in Bethlehem, where you will stop on the tour. You will be expected to pay approximately $25 per person for the guide's services, instead of paying the guide $25 you are expected to buy souvenirs approximately $25 (or more).
- Lunch, beverages, entrance fees, gratuities not included.
- The sights on this tour are not wheelchair accessible and therefore, it is not available to wheelchair guests. There is approximately 2 hours of walking, some of it strenuous with steep steps to negotiate in the churches; therefore, it is not recommended for those guests with mobility concerns.
Attention clients: You must carry your passport with you on this tour. You will not be able to enter certain sites if you do not have your passport.
Days offered: 7 days a week