Two things you can't miss when you're in Israel!
This once-in-a-lifetime tour includes a visit to The Dead Sea, often called "nature's living miracle," and Masada, a modern, magnificent symbol of Jewish survival.
On this tour you will see/visit
- Dead Sea
- Option to float in Dead Sea
- Masada Unesco World Heritage Site
- Scenic Views
- Round-trip transportation to/from pier
- English-speaking Driver/Guide
After picking you up at Ashdod port we'll begin our descent to the Dead Sea's lowest point on Earth (400 meters/1,300 feet below sea level). Make a stop at a beach and take the opportunity to float in the salty buoyant water, rich in minerals. Floating in the Dead Sea is a sensation that cannot be duplicated anywhere else in the world!
Next we will continue onto Masada--a UNESCO World Heritage Site--which is always a highlight of any trip to Israel. See the magnificent ruins of the fortress built by Herod, where from 70-73 A.D. the Jewish defenders made the last stand of the Judean revolt against Rome. Here there are also ruins of storehouses, cisterns, and the 6th century Byzantine church.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. The order of this itinerary may change.
Please note that any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as portions of this tour may involve walking.
- Depending on the season you're traveling, the sun might be very hot. You may want to bring a hat/scarf/sunglasses and wear sunscreen.
- Lunch, beverages, gratuities, entrance fees (to Masada or any other) or any other extras are not included.
- Bring/wear your swimsuit and towel if you choose to swim in the Dead Sea.
- The fee for Masada is not included in the tour price. It is approximately $22 US per person and payable the day of your tour. Bring cash.
- Modest dress is mandatory. Wearing revealing clothing such as sleeveless shirts, shorts or skirts above the knee will result in you not being allowed entry into religious buildings.
- This tour does not go to Bethlehem. If you'd like to go to Bethlehem, please purchase our Christian tour or call ShoreTrips.
- Please note: Jewish sites may close early on Fridays and will be closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. If your tour is on a Saturday, the Jewish sites will be substituted with other sites.
Days offered: 7 days a week