Pompeii And The Amalfi Coast ExperienceExplore > Italy > Salerno > Pompeii And The Amalfi Coast Experience
A private car and English-speaking driver to Pompeii followed by the charming Amalfi Coast.
The Amalfi coast may be a little overwhelming for those of you who are visiting for the first time. This tour will allow you to pick and choose what you want to see and do, accompanied the whole time by an English-speaking driver. Whatever your goal--to relax and take in the view or walk through the charming coastal towns--your driver will make it happen.
When you reach Pompeii, your private, local licensed guide will take you on a fascinating two-hour tour through this amazing place. Once a thriving empire, the city of Pompeii had about 20,000 inhabitants in 79 AD, when it was completely covered in 30 feet of volcanic ash by the deadly eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Listen to your guide as he tells you the history of the city as you take in the baths, villas, theaters, and wrestling grounds.
After Pompeii, what you do is up to you. Here are some options to get you started--or ask the advice of your experienced driver, who is there to make your day the best!
Descend the winding one-way road that leads to the heart of Positano, a pretty village of seaside villas, covered in orange blossom and roses. Explore the busy central Piazza dei Mulini, connected to a narrow downhill path and some occasional flights of steps that lead to the seafront. Follow the streets to the shops selling ceramics, lemons, shoes, and "Positano fashion" clothing, and don't miss the lovely Church of Sant Maria of the Assumption, with its characteristic majolica tiled dome and bell tower.
Next, you will reach the town of Sorrento, where you will experience spectacular views of the entire bay of Naples and the Island of Capri as the Amalfi Coast road emerges from over the mountain cliff. A short drive through the town before you arrive in the centre--a major shopping mall for locals, as well as tourists.
This itinerary may be reversed due to traffic on the particular day you are in port.
- This tour is with a great, English-speaking driver. In Pompeii, you will be met by a private, local, licensed guide for a 2-hour tour.
- Lunch, gratuities, and entrance fees are not included in the price of this tour.
- The 15€ per person entrance fee to Pompeii is not included in the price of this tour.
- Modest dress is required in all Italian churches. If you expect to enter a church during your tour, please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, or revealing clothing If preferred, you may wear a shawl to cover your shoulders. This applies to children as well.
- Pompeii is closed on January 1, May 1 and December 25.
Days offered: 7 days a week