This one-day walking tour is a wonderful way to experience all of the city's main attractions.
This one-day private walking tour is a wonderful way to experience all of the city's main attractions.
Begin in the Vatican and Sistine Chapel, where you will be overwhelmed by the awe-inspiring creations of Michelangelo and other masters. Admire the many precious works of art, including tapestries, paintings, ancient maps, and other artifacts gathered from the extensive collection of the Roman Catholic Church. Michelangelo's newly restored Sistine Chapel--located in the Palace of the Vatican, the official residence of the Roman Catholic Pope--is home to some of the artist's most famous works.
Next, explore the ruins of the largest ancient empire as your guide takes you inside the ancient Roman Forum and the Colosseum, bringing to life the sights and sounds that filled them more than two millennia ago. See the remarkable Roman Forum, the site of political, religious, and commercial life in the city and the central area around which ancient Rome developed. Admire the Colosseum, the largest amphitheater built in the Roman empire, where emperors and wealthy citizens staged the deadly gladiatorial and wild animal fights in a magnificent structure with 76 numbered entrances, marble seats, and subterranean passages.
You will end the day with a twilight tour around such splendid sights as Trevi Fountain (the largest Baroque fountain in Rome) and Four Rivers Fountain (a Bernini masterpiece) in Piazza Navona. Once the home to the city market, Piazza Navona is now the pride of Baroque Rome due to its sculptures, fountains, and architectural creations.
- Food, beverages, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- This is a walking tour. There is no private vehicle included. If there are 1-3 people in your group, there may be an additional transportation cost of 10€-12€ per person for taxis during the tour, or 1.5€ for public transportation. If there are 4 or more people in your group, there may be an additional transportation cost of 20€-24€ per person for taxis during the tour, as you will need two taxis.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, revealing clothing, or sandals.
- Please note that this tour is for hotel guests staying in the city of Rome only. If you are coming in on a cruise ship, please see our offerings in CIVITAVECCHIA.
- Please note that the Vatican is closed on Sundays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday