You will most certainly not want to leave when your time here is up!
As you disembark the hydrofoil, your driver will be waiting for you. Now your time on this magical island will begin!
This tour includes:
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- Visit to Anacapri and choice between a chair lift or tour of Villa San Michele (additional costs)
- Exploration of Capri Town and La Piazzetta
- A magical island adventure!
From the Marina Grande, you will drive up to Anacapri, where you can pick between two adventures. For those unafraid of heights, a chair lift may be the absolute highlight of your day. It takes about 20 minutes to reach the top in single chairs silently gliding through the sky with the amazing vista below of the bluest Mediterranean seas and the whitest, highest cliffs with colourful houses perched in the most impossible places.
The second option takes you to Villa San Michele, the charming former home of Swedish doctor and philanthropist Axel Munthe (1857-1949) that Henry James called "the most fantastic beauty, poetry, and inutility that one had ever seen clustered together." The villa is set around Roman-style courtyards, marble walkways, and atriums. Medieval choir stalls, Renaissance lecterns, and gilded statues of saints are all part of the setting, with some rooms preserving the doctor's personal memorabilia. A spectacular pergola path overlooking the entire Bay of Naples leads from the villa to the famous Sphinx Parapet, where an ancient Egyptian sphinx looks out toward Sorrento.
Following Anacapri, you will make your way to Capri Town and La Piazzetta, lined with wonderful old and new buildings, sidewalk cafes, and. of course. shops. If you would like, take an easy walk to visit the Gardens of Caesar Augustus or the Punta Tragara, or a more challenging trek up to the Villa Jovis to visit the ruins of Tiberius' most important imperial villa. Or, just wander through the shops and cafes, stopping for a snack or a drink--or some shopping!
- Food, beverages, entrance fees, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- This tour does not include the price of the hydrofoils. You will be taking the hydrofoil round trip from Naples to Capri (50 minutes each way). The price will be about 40€ per person round trip.
- The price of this tour does not include the 5€ entrance fee to the Villa San Michele or the 6.50€ entrance fee for the chair lift.
- The cost for a one-way ticket on the funicular is about 1.30€ per person.
- If you choose to take the funicular, we recommend that you do it on the way up rather than the way down, as it becomes very busy at the end of the day with many rushing back to Sorrento.
Days offered: 7 days a week