We handpicked this well-established tour company because of their outstanding reputation.
You will be picked up at the cruise ship pier by your private driver and vehicle.
Soak in Italy’s famous country side as your travel through the best of Rome’s seven hills. From medieval villages to lost temples you will discover one of the most beautiful areas of Italy and the storied history that goes along with it.
As you come across Capitolin Hill you will see steps designed by Michelangelo that helped make up a fortress held by the earliest Romans. You will then find yourself high above the Eternal City near the Lake of Albano where the canoeing and rowing events of the 1960 Summer Olympic Games took place. Here you will overlook the third-century Roman Amphitheatre and the Capuchin Church.
Following your time of relaxation away from the city life you will head to the town of Castelgandolfo which is covered in vineyards, forests and large vegetable groves. This summer home of the Pope is considered one of the most beautiful towns in all of Italy.
The last stop of your tour will be a journey through the Catacombs which make up a series of underground galleries and tombs. This holy site is where Christians buried their dead and came to both pray and celebrate. Some of the first documented Christian art can be seen scattered and the walls.
The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and a wonderful English-speaking driver for the day. Your driver can tell you everything you want to know about the city, but is not a licensed guide and cannot take you into sites.
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month many tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Admissions, food, beverages, and gratuities are not included in the tour price.
-Approximate costs: Will stop at one of the following.
* Catacombs of St. Callixtus - 5 Euro
* Catacombs of Priscilla - 5 Euro
* Catacombs of St. Domitilla - 5 Euro
Days offered: 7 days a week