We handpicked this well-established tour company because of their outstanding reputation.
You will be picked up at the cruise ship pier by your private driver and vehicle.
Your itinerary choices are your own. Stop and start as you like or use your driver for his knowledge of the area.
Your tour begins with the Ancient Rome of Emperors: Capitoline Hill, the famous Colosseum (from the outside), Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus, the Thermal Baths of Caracalla, Ancient Appian Way, the Catacombs, the Pantheon, and Aula Ottagona.
There is also the Renaissance and Baroque Rome of Popes, including the Trevi Fountain, the beautiful Spanish Steps, St. Peter in Chains, Navona Square, Farnese Square, Janiculum Hill, and, of course, St. Peter's Basilica.
St. Peter's Basilica will be our final stop, but remember that there are days when its entrance is blocked. We may have to substitute a site when that happens.
- The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and a wonderful English-speaking driver for the day. Your driver can tell you everything you want to know about the city, but is not a licensed guide and cannot take you into sites.
- Admissions, food, beverages, and gratuities are not included in the tour price.
- If you choose to purchase the guide for 3 hours, the suggested itinerary with the guide will be to go to the Colosseum and Roman Forum. If you would like to do something else, please let us know at the time of booking.
- If you are interested in visiting the Colosseum, entrance tickets can be booked online before you leave home. After your tour is confirmed, we will provide you with the web site where you can book, pay for, and print out the tickets to avoid having to wait in line upon arrival at the site.
- A strict dress code is enforced at St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, tank tops, or revealing clothing. You may be asked to check large bags, backpacks, and video cameras.
- This tour does not include the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel. The only way we can guarantee entry is if you book ROME AND THE VATICAN WITH PRE-RESERVED PRIVATE GUIDE .
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month many tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
Days offered: 7 days a week