A private car and English-speaking driver to take you to all the charming towns of the Amalfi Coast.
For those visiting the Amalfi coast for the first time, you may be a little overwhelmed with the choices. This tour will allow you to pick and choose what you want, accompanied the whole drive by an English-speaking driver. Whatever your goal - is to relax and take in the view, walk through the charming coastal towns - he will make it happen.
When you reach Pompeii, your private, local licensed guide will take you on a fascinating two-hour tour through this amazing place. Once a thriving empire, the city of Pompeii had about 20,000 inhabitants in 79 AD, when it was completely covered in 30 feet of volcanic ash by the deadly eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Listen to your guide as he tells you the history of the city as you take in the baths, villas, theaters, and wrestling grounds.
After Pompeii, what you do is up to you. Here are some options to get you started--or ask the advice of your experienced driver, who is there to make your day the best!
Descend the winding one-way road that leads to the heart of Positano, a pretty village of seaside villas, covered in orange blossom and roses. Explore the busy central Piazza dei Mulini, connected to a narrow downhill path and some occasional flights of steps that lead to the seafront. Follow the streets to the shops selling ceramics, lemons, shoes, and "Positano fashion" clothing, and don't miss the lovely Church of Sant Maria of the Assumption, with its characteristic majolica tiled dome and bell tower.
Next you will reach the town of Sorrento, where you will experience spectacular views of the entire bay of Naples and the Island of Capri as the Amalfi coast road emerges from over the mountain cliff. A short drive through the town before you arrive in the centre--a major shopping mall for locals, as well as tourists.
This itinerary may be reversed due to traffic on the particular day you are in port.
- This tour is with a great, English-speaking driver. In Pompeii you will be met by a private local licensed guide for a 2-hour tour.
- Lunch, gratuities, and entrance fees are not included in the price of this tour. Pompeii tickets are 15€ per person.
- We have found that there may be a rare occurrence of a port change from Amalfi to Naples or Salerno. Both ports are accessible to the same sightseeing as Amalfi, but it is a slightly longer ride. This port requires an increase in cost as the distance from these highlights is further. Your driver will be waiting for you as you disembark. You may have an adjustment to your tour itinerary depending on your exit time, but be assured that your knowledgeable driver will direct you to a satisfying day. This change is an exception to our policy that ship changes will result in a refund. We feel this is in the best interest of the traveler due to the disappointment we have received when the tour is cancelled instead. There will be an additional charge of $100 for the extra mileage. We apologize for your difficult day, but promise that the sun will shine as soon as you meet your driver.
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month all tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Pompeii is closed on January 1, May 1 and December 25.
Days offered: 7 days a week