There's a lot more to Egypt than pyramids and pharaohs. Come discover new nooks and crannies!
There's a lot more to Egypt than pyramids and pharaohs. Come discover new nooks and crannies on this wonderful tour!
Included in this tour:
• Church of Eva Maria
• Horse drawn carriage ride
• Military Museum
• Lunch at a beach club overlooking Suez Canal
• Round-trip transportation
• Private A/C vehicle
• A wonderful English speaking Egyptologist tour guide
• All entrance fees for tourist sights
There's nothing like arriving into Egypt, and it's that much more dramatic when you're met at the port by your very own horse drawn carriage!
That's right, we'll pick you up at the pier via horse drawn carriage and begin a portion of our morning tour through the city of Port Said. Port Said named after Said Pasha, the ruler of Egypt in 1854 A.D. it was destroyed during the 7 Day War with Israel in 1967 which resulted in the eventual closure of the Suez Canal.
Port Said was reclaimed and rebuilt in 1973, attracting settlers from all over Egypt. Today, its population is two million people.
We'll stop at the Military Museum where the display of exhibits leaves a strong sense of the Canal's embattled history. Included are tanks and artillery from the Israeli Egyptian confrontation during the October War of 1973 with the consequent reclaim of the city of Port Said and the canal.
We'll also visit the great church of Eva Maria (which contains a piece from Christ's original cross) and the WWII cemetery.
After all this fascinating sightseeing, we're pretty sure you'll be hungry! Lunch has been arranged for you at a nice beach club restaurant overlooking the Suez Canal.
• A portion of this tour is conducted in a horse drawn carriage and a portion is on foot. There will also be a private AC vehicle and driver on hand at all times for added comfort.
• Gratuity/extras/personal expenses not included.
• Beverages during lunch not included.
• Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will be outside, so please consider sunblock, hats, sunglasses, etc.
• Please notify us at the time of booking if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Minimum 2 passengers.
Days offered: 7 days a week