Get to know Alexandria on foot with your very own Egyptologist guide!
The Alexandrians are extremely proud of "la Corniche," the long sea promenade, reminiscent of Nice Promenade des Anglais, which borders the bay of the large eastern harbor. See this and much more on this fun walking tour!
Begin this lovely walking tour to the Roman Amphitheater through the local markets in downtown. The Roman theater was, in Ptolemaic times, a pleasure garden. It was used for musical performances and sometimes even for wrestling contests. Materials for its construction were brought from all over the world: marble from Asia Minor, red granite from Aswan, and white marble from Europe.
We'll also visit the Pompay Pillars and Catacombs, walk through old Alexandria, and see the Muslim and Christian cemeteries.
Enjoy a bit of free time in the downtown area near the Cornish and along the seaside. You'll have an opportunity to do some shopping and/or strolling around. If you need help bargaining or want to visit an upscale textiles shop, just let your guide know. Our goal is to make you happy!
A great lunch of fish, rice, and salad, or open buffet-style meal is also included. There will be something for all tastes!
At the conclusion of the tour, you'll be returned either to your hotel or to the cruise ship pier.
- This is a walking tour with an English-speaking guide. There will also be a car and driver on hand at all times for added comfort.
- Lunch is included in the price of the tour, but beverages during lunch are not included.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will be outside, so please consider sunblock, hats, sunglasses, etc.
- There is a minimum of 2 passengers for this tour.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible or for those with limited mobility.
- Please notify us at the time of booking if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Days offered: 7 days a week