Ephesus And Surrounding Villages With LunchExplore > Turkey > Izmir > Ephesus And Surrounding Villages With Lunch
See the sights of Christian importance in and around the magnificent archaeological site of Ephesus.
Meet with your guide in front of the Izmir port passenger terminal and depart for the one hour drive to the magnificent site of Ephesus.
Ephesus, the best preserved of the Greek/Roman cities in Anatolia, will come alive to you as you explore the ancient ruins of this magnificent site. You will see the beautiful Celsus Library, restored and reconstructed to its original form,as well as the Grand Theatre, the most spectacular building of Ephesus, built during the Hellenistic age to hold 24,000 spectators. Opposite the Temple of Hadrian are the Hill Houses, the impressive homes of Ephesus' wealthy citizens.
After a visit to the Temple of Artemis (one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World), you will arrive at Sirince Village. This old Orthodox village, located five miles from Kusadasi, was once named "Cirkince" (ugly). Indeed, its inhabitants chose this name to discourage foreigner visitors because they didn't want to share the beauty of their village. Still, after several years, visitors understood that it was not ugly and it was re-named "Sirince" (pretty). Today, the village is a perfect synthesis of Turkish-Greek culture.
At Sirince Village, you will experience local life and have the opportunity to purchase local souvenirs and handicrafts. After lunch, you can enjoy a cup of traditional Turkish coffee.
Your last stop will be at the Archaeological Museum of Ephesus. Established in 1929, it displays interesting and valuable finds from the great ancient civilizations of Ephesus.
- The price of this trip includes a driver and air-conditioned vehicle, all transportation costs, an English-speaking guide, lunch, and entrance and parking fees to all sites.
- Ephesus gets very crowded and extremely hot in the summer months, so take plenty of water, sunscreen, and head covers.
- Always communicate your needs and expectations to your driver/guide. They are there to take care of you in any situation, and are more than willing to adjust the day accordingly, upon immediate request. For example, if you are not interested in purchasing a certain local product, let your guide know. There is never any obligation for you to purchase anything.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
Days offered: 7 days a week