You will make your way between movie locations and wild turkeys, among other interesting scenes.
These TERYX4 vehicles are such a blast. They hold 1 driver and up to 3 passengers. For a single machine, the driver must be at least age 18. One person can drive the whole way or you may switch drivers part way through the tour.
This safe, fun eco-tour takes you on a journey through challenging terrain with appropriate speeds so you can really enjoy the experience. Following a safety briefing, you'll receive a helmet, goggles, and a bandana, and then it's time for the adventure to begin!
Kauai is the most beautiful of all the Hawaiian islands, and the most lush. Your experienced guides will share their knowledge of Kauai's natural resources and its history. They'll fill you in on the folklore, show you the medicinal plants, and make sure you snap pictures of the well-known and breathtaking scenic spots. Enjoy the historic landscape with photos of famous movie locations such as Jurassic Park, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and, most recently, The Descendants.
As you travel, don't be surprised if you pass some wild pigs, cattle, peacocks, or even a wild turkey. Though we all think of Hawaii as developed, we can see here that the wildness of this island is what makes it special and we are so happy that it has been preserved.
At the time of booking, you'll be asked to indicate if you're interested in riding in a vehicle driven by someone in your party or if you would prefer to ride in a guide-driven vehicle (limited availability).
- Please wear long pants and closed-toe shoes (mandatory) - tennis or water shoes are fine. Guests may get dusty or muddy depending on weather conditions. We recommend wearing dark clothing or clothing you don’t mind getting stained by Kauai’s red dirt. We also recommend bringing an extra change of clothing for after the tour.
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, and your camera.
- We'll supply mandatory helmets and goggles, a bandana, beverages and snacks.
- The first half hour will be spent on check-in, paper work, and getting outfitted for the tour.
- This tour operates rain or shine, unless the downpour is heavy. This will be determined by the tour operator.
- We have attached a map and directions in your voucher for those of you who are driving to the starting point. If you are arriving by cruise ship, you will need to take a taxi, which will cost about $25-$30 each way for 4-5 people. It is about a 30-minute ride.
- Price includes all taxes.
- The minimum age to participate is 9 years old.
- All participants under 18 years old must have a legal guardian sign for them.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old.
- All drivers must present a valid drivers license.
- The weight limit per person is 400 pounds. This is not per machine, but per person with a limit of 2 on that machine.
- Guests are requested to arrive on-time. Tours operate on schedule and cannot wait for late guests.
- There are some short hikes up and down steep, uneven ground to get to the falls, so you should be in reasonably good shape for this tour.
- If you are pregnant, have had recent surgery, knee or back problems, serious health issues, or do not have full use of all of your limbs, you are not able to participate in this tour as a driver or passenger.
- Tours operate rain or shine with the exception of severe weather conditions.
- If you are booking on behalf of another person or group, it is your responsibility to inform each participant of these restrictions.
- Each vehicle holds 1 driver and up to 3 passengers.
- This tour is not available on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week