Kaanapali Coffee, Lahaina Animal Farm & Maui Dragonfruit Farm Tour
See and feel the land up-close while learning about gourmet coffee grown on Maui.
Can you imagine a better way to start a day than with a drive along Maui's incomparable coast and a freshly brewed cup of joe? We certainly can't!
This tour includes:
- Scenic drive
- View into local life at the Maui animal and fruit farms
- Information on growing, harvesting, and processing coffee beans
- Picnic Lunch
- Option to purchase coffee and other items
- Lots of great photo opportunities!
You will visit the following locations on this tour:
- Lahaina Animal Farm
- Maui Dragon Fruit Farm
- Kaanapali Coffee farm
- Maui Grown Coffee Company Store
Thistour starts when you're picked up in our eight passenger, air-conditioned van with big picture windows and taken on a scenic drive along Maui’s rugged coastline.
Our first stop will be in Launiupoko at the Lahaina Animal farm. We start with an introduction to the gorgeous farm where we taste delicious fresh roasted MauiGrown coffee overlooking beautiful West Maui at 500 ft. above the sea. You will then explore the grounds meeting the different animals that make the area home. These include Ramse the Ram, Elsie Mae the donkey, Baby Doll the miniture horse as well as others such as chickens, ducks and fish!
After saying aloha to the animals, we move onto the Maui Dragon Fruit Farm. We can see the blue blue sea and the island of Lanai from this unique place where they have planted the dragon fruit cactus which produces beautiful exotic flowers then fruits. They are seasonal, so eventually they will offer Dragon fruit added value products for purchase in the beautiful bamboo house where we will sample Maui Gold Pineapple year round and Dragon fruit when in season (July-November). We’ll explore the 26 acres from their lookout platform overlooking the dragonfruit and their zip-line and rolling ball that people adventure on other activity tours.
The next stop will be at the Kaanapali Coffee farm. Here we will learn about growing coffee beans, harvesting and the art of processing coffee, from picking, drying, pulping to roasting and tasting the fresh roasted coffee. We’ll take photos and walk in the coffee trees. We have a wonderful picnic lunch with sandwiches provided (choices are: Turkey-Bacon-Avocado-Spinach-Aioli, Classic Italian, or Veggie) and fresh island fruits and juices.
Our final stop will be at another location for the coffee lover - the Maui Grown Coffee Company Store. Here you can shop for gifts and meet Jeff Ferguson who manages the store. We’ll sample fresh roasted Mokka and Peaberry or Catuai. You can ship coffee home directly from the store.
We then will cruise through quaint Lahaina Town back to the harbor.
- Admissions are included.
- The cost of lunch is included in the price of this tour. Your choices are: Turkey-Bacon-Avocado-Spinach-Aioli, Italian sub, or Veggie sub, and fresh island fruits. We will ask for your choice in check-out.
- Hotel passengers will need to take a taxi to the meeting location, which is Whole Foods Kahului. More detailed information will be on your voucher.
- Cruise ship passengers will be met at the cruise pier. More detailed information will be on your voucher.
- There is a minimum of 4 people needed for this tour to run. We will do our best to match you with other guests if your party is less than 4.
- Maximum 7 people.
- Minimum age is 5.
- The Maui Grown Coffee Company Store is closed on Sundays. If your tour is scheduled for a Sunday, we will skip that part of the tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week