Seattle Locks Cruise Through Puget SoundExplore > United States > Washington > Seattle Locks Cruise Through Puget Sound
A short cruise through the Chittenden Locks will introduce Seattle in a special way.
We had heard about Seattle for so long that we were really excited to visit. It is a stimulating city and quite easy to navigate. The bustle centers on the wharf, an area that calls visitors to explore from the water.
This 2.5-hour tour takes you through the saltwater of Puget Sound and the freshwater of Lake Union via the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (locals refer to them as the Ballard Locks).
As you pull out of the harbor, you'll have the wonderful Seattle skyline in front of you, as well as an intimate view of one of the world's largest shipping terminals.
Enjoy the live narration of the Seattle harbor tour, then experience a one-of-a-kind event as you travel through the locks. See how the locks work as the boat is lifted to the freshwater level. As you leave the locks, you’ll learn about Seattle’s fishing communities, the Deadliest Catch boats, the Sleepless In Seattle floating home community, and Gas Works Park.
On the return trip by motorcoach from Seattle's waterfront to downtown, you'll get a street-view of this lively, energetic city.
- If you are arriving by cruise ship or staying at a downtown hotel, you will need to take a taxi to the starting point of this trip. It's about a 15-minute ride.
- There is no charge for children age 3 and under. However, all passengers require a boarding pass so please indicate any children 3 or under during the checkout process.
- This tour is not available on Christmas Day.
- Please note that this tour is available on the following days:
- January 1-March 29: Friday - Monday only at 12:45 AM.
- March 30 - April 26: Daily at 12:45 PM.
- April 27 - Sep 2: Daily at 12:45 PM and 3:45 PM.
- Sep 3 - Sep 26: Daily at 12:45 PM. Fri-Sun 3:45 PM.
- Sep 27 - Dec 31: Friday - Monday only at 12:45 PM.
Days offered: 7 days a week