White Pass Summit Tour By Bus With Gold Panning
Hear captivating Klondike Gold Rush stories...then try your luck panning for the real stuff.
A highlight of this entertaining and educational look at Alaska's wilderness is the opportunity to go gold-panning. We promise you won't leave empty-handed!
This tour includes:
• Round trip bus journey from Skagway to the White Pass Summit
• Summit city tour
• Narration by professional guide
• Gold panning adventure at Gold Dredge
• Lots of great photo opportunities!
Your experienced and entertaining guide will amuse you with captivating stories of the "Klondike Gold Rush" on your way to the White Pass Summit.
Your comfortable motorcoach parallels the train en route to the White Pass Summit and will pick you up and deliver you right back to the cruise ship pier. You'll travel to Summit for a city tour and then you'll take the Brackett Wagon Road into the wilderness.
Gorgeous mountains with incredibly tall Aspen trees rise all around you, and mountain glaciers and waterfalls set the scene as you imagine goldminers from days gone by trekking around here on foot.
Along the way, there will be ample opportunities to view and photograph the waterfalls, majestic mountains, glaciers, historic sites, and the pristine beauty of Alaska!
Stops will include Pitchfork Falls, the Moore Bridge, the famous White Pass Summit, Tormented Valley, Bridal Veil Falls, and the Gold Rush Cemetery (where the legendary Soapy Smith was laid to rest), plus a stop at the Skagway scenic overlook. This tour emphasizes the best of everything that has made Skagway famous.
You'll make an interactive stop at Gold Dredge, a gorgeous new facility that never lets you walk away without a reward of gold from your panning. Here, in a covered area, you can comfortably pan for gold in HEATED water. Since everyone is guaranteed to find gold, you'll walk away with a souvenir hidden in your 'poke'--a velvet pouch used to stash your treasure. This charming end to a perfect tour will bring you lasting memories.
Since this excursion enters Canada, all passengers must bring their passport.
• We suggest that you bring a camera, as well as your sense of fun and adventure!
• Since this excursion enters Canada, all citizens MUST carry a valid passport. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate. If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody, you may be required to present a notarized affidavit of consent from the minor's parents. It should include dates of travel, parents' names, and photocopies of their state-issued IDs.
• This tour requires a minimum of 6 people. We will do our best to match you with others to meet the minimum.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible, but for those guests that are semi-ambulatory, we are happy to assist in boarding and storing the wheelchair. Please notify ShoreTrips prior to booking. Sorry, but we cannot accommodate electric scooters of any kind.
Days offered: 7 days a week