Flightseeing And Bear Viewing AdventureExplore > United States > Skagway > Flightseeing And Bear Viewing Adventure
Embark on a thrilling catamaran ride and flight tour of the natural wonders and wildlife of Alaska.
You'll travel via catamaran, van, and bush plane during this ultimate nature combo tour!
This tour includes
• 45-minute Fast Ferry ride to/from Haines
• 2.5 hour bear viewing tour in Chilkoot Lake State Park
• 50-minute scenic glacier flight
• Boxed lunch
• Awesome views from air, land, and water!
This premium tour combines a thrilling scenic flight with an opportunity to view brown bears in the wild. Your adventure begins in Skagway, where you'll board the Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry for a 45-minute catamaran ride along the steep-walled fjord that connects these two small towns.
Upon arriving in Haines, you'll be met by an experienced and knowledgeable naturalist guide. Together, you'll travel in a comfortable van to Chilkoot Lake State Park, a popular fishing and bear viewing area enjoyed by the locals.
The park features a salmon-filled river that flows out to sea, a pristine lake surrounded by majestic snow-capped peaks, and a plentiful brown bear population that comes down to the river in the evening to feed. Beginning in August, the pink salmon are running and this substantially increases the chance of seeing bears. Although we cannot guarantee that you'll see bears, every effort will be made to give you the bear-viewing experience of a lifetime.
After this thrilling experience, you'll meet your pilot for a 50-minute glacier flight, where you will soar above waterfall-strewn cliffs, view the massive ice towers of Davidson Icefall, and gaze down on the marvelous Rainbow Glacier.
• Transportation between Skagway and Haines is dependent on the ferry. Before we confirm your booking, we will secure your ferry tickets. You may fly from Skagway and return from Haines by ferry or the reverse. Your voucher will have the correct information.
• Please Note: this tour is only available from August 1st until the end of the season.
• Tour departure time will vary depending on the ship's scheduled departure time.
• There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week