Hop on a road bike for a thrilling 38-mile journey on the scenic Klondike Highway.
Get away from the crowds and explore the majestic beauty of the Southern Yukon Territory on a road bike tour!
The Yukon has long captured the minds of adventurers seeking their fortune in a land larger than California, but home to only 30,000 residents. The scenic Klondike Highway serves as a byway through the rugged wilderness.
Experience the magnificent headwaters of the Yukon River, unique opportunities for wildlife viewing, relics of old mining boom towns, a Northern First Nation community, and the remote solitude that has attracted visitors since the days of the Gold Rush.
This tour includes:
- 38-mile bicycling tour
- Use of a road bike, helmet, and gloves
- Van support
- Bottled water, snack, and a boxed lunch
Your tour begins in the picturesque town of Skagway. Your guide, who is versed in the lore and ecology of the region, drives you by van from the coast over the summit of the White Pass, retracing the route of the gold stampeders of 1898. Crossing into Canada, you’ll travel on the Yukon Plateau before arriving at Log Cabin, a stop on the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway, and the start of your ride.
After a bike orientation and safety briefing, you’ll begin your 38-mile ride north on the paved Klondike Highway. If you prefer to bike only a portion of the route or are feeling tired, there is a van to transport you at any time. Frequent stops are made along the way for photos, sightseeing, and lunch. Your ride ends in the town of Carcross on Nares Lake. There you'll have time for a stroll around the village and some souvenir shopping.
- This tour includes the use of a road bike, helmet, and gloves. Van support is also provided. Van support is nice for those who need that "Plan B" option. The van follows the bikers during their excursion. And if anyone cannot physically continue the bike trip, they can rest in the van.
- You will bike on the outgoing portion of this trip, and return in a van.
- You will receive bottled water, a snack, and a boxed lunch.
- Wear sport shoes and dress for inclement weather.
- There is a maximum of 12 passengers for this tour.
- You must be at least 14 years old and 4’6” to take this tour.
- This tour includes 38 miles of biking and is rated moderate to difficult. Guests must be confident riding a bicycle with hand brakes on uneven terrain.
- Important Note: Passport required for US and Canadian border crossings and a visa for foreign nationals that qualify.
Days offered: 7 days a week