Triple Adventure Tour Of Skagway
This bike, hike, and float trip combines three of our most popular tours.
You can imagine how many times we get asked for the "best" trip in a particular port of call. This is an impossible question to answer since we only offer the best opportunities in each port and, of course, everyone gets turned on by different things.
If you are an active person, though, there is no way that you won't enjoy this combination of adventures. You need not be an expert in any of them to have a great time.
Your day begins with a 20-minute van ride to the once famous gold rush community of Dyea. At one time, this town claimed a population of 10,000 prospectors all heading up the Chilkoot Trail to the Klondike. The days gone by have left a natural beauty that provides the perfect backdrop for an easy-pedaling 1.5 hour ride. After a brief orientation to your bike, you'll be guided along dirt roads around the historic town of Dyea. You'll ride through a temperate rain forest, visit historic ruins, and see the Chilkoot trailhead.
As you move out on the coastal tidal flats, you'll see eagles, colorful wildflowers, and the spectacular mountains in the background. Now that you're warmed up, you're ready to head out on the hiking portion of this excursion. A granola bar snack is provided at this point.
The hike is up and down a hill on uneven terrain for the first mile, then on mostly flat ground for the remainder. We'll take time to rest, talk, and take photos along the way. This portion of the tour will also last about 1.5 hours and will lead you to the beginning of the raft trip.
After donning a life jacket and rubber boots (and rain gear, if necessary), you'll board your raft for the float trip portion of this excursion, which requires absolutely no skill. Your relaxing 30-45 minute river float will be the perfect icing on a beautiful experience.
There will be light snacks as well as water/juice provided during your tour. At the conclusion of your trio of activities, you'll be returned by van to the tour starting point.
- This is popular and sells out regularly. Please book as far in advance as possible.
- We suggest that you wear walking or sport shoes and dress for inclement weather.
- This tour meets in downtown Skagway, which is a 15 minute walk from ship pier. Alternatively, there are SMART city shuttle buses also available at the pier into town for a small charge.
- Please consider bringing your own reusable water bottle to reduce use of single-use plastic water bottles.
- In 2020, this tour operates from May 1 - September 23rd. This tour is not available on July 4th.
- Upon arrival you will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk form for all portions of the tour.
- Parents or guardians must sign for minors at tour departure.
- You must be at least 10 years old or 4'10" in height to participate in this excursion.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people.
- There is a maximum of 11 people per trip. Biking portion may have up to 13.
- Participants must have riding experience or be confident on a bicycle. Everyone should be in good physical condition. Please note that the hike portion of this trip is moderate to strenuous. Please be in good physical condition. Those with back, knee, hip, or balance issues should consider their participation in this activity. Due to safety reasons and keeping our tour schedule, our guides will strongly advise against participation in the hike if they feel it to be too strenuous for your ability level. If you cannot participate in the hike, an alternate arrangement will be made.
- Pregnant women up to 20 weeks should check with their doctor before booking this excursion. Pregnant woman 20 weeks or more should not participate on this excursion.
Days offered: 7 days a week