Escape the crowds during this intimate bike ride in the beautiful Taiya River Valley.
Leave the crowds behind, get some exercise, and take in the natural wonders of Alaska on a bicycle!
This tour includes:
• Guided 5-mile bike ride
• Use of a quality bike, helmet, rain/wind jacket and pants, and fleece gloves
• Water and a granola bar
• Lots of great photo opportunities
• An unforgettable journey into Alaska's wilderness!
On this intimate bike ride through the beautiful Taiya River Valley, you'll pedal five miles on flat dirt roads through the rainforest, visit the historic site of Dyea, and venture onto the coastal tidal flats.
During the Gold Rush, Dyea was Skagway's rival city, booming with 10,000 people. Now nature has reclaimed the land, leaving only ghosts of its Gold Rush past. This scenic tour starts with an informative van ride along the spectacular coastal inlets to the west of Skagway. Our professional guides will regale you with stories of the rush of 1898 and inform you about the ecology of this rich area.
After a bicycle and safety orientation, your guide will lead your small group on a bike route that covers five miles of flat terrain for easy pedaling. You'll ride through the lush rainforest, visit historic ruins, see the Chilkoot trailhead, and venture out to the coastal tidal flats where eagles, salmon, colorful wildflowers, and dazzling mountains are often in view. If you're lucky, you might even spot a bear!
Remember to bring your camera and your sense of adventure on this two-wheeled tour!
• We will supply a Specialized or Trek mountain bike, helmet, rain/wind jacket and pants, fleece gloves, water bottle, and a granola bar.
• Sport shoes and layered clothing are recommended.
• This tour is rated moderate.
• This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants. If there are less than 4 in your party, we'll try and combine passengers to meet the minimum.
• The minimum age is 10 and the minimum height is 4'6".
• Participants must be confident riding a bicycle with handbrakes on approximately five miles of flat, dirt roads.
Days offered: 7 days a week